IGNORED

New Transformers Game For Wii

Shawn

Hey,

I just got this for the Wii the other day and tried it out tonight. This game is awesome!!! Well worth the purchase IMO. So in case you where waiting to here it out of the mouth of a real gamer before buying, the answer is YES! HELL YES!! this game is good to go :)

Enjoy! I sure am,

Shawn

I had hesitations with this title because of the rumblings but as a fan of the Transformers (one of the few who really enjoyed the PS2 Armada game) since the 80's I bought this (pre-ordered this 2 months ago) without hesitation.

I played the Autobot campaign and made it up to the 3rd level. I then revisited the first level and started playing around in the world and started looking for the hidden goodies and that was great!

I played for 4 hours straight and want to play some more... but I don't want to get too far into the game as I want to preserve some of the movie plot until I see it on the big screen. (Hence the roaming around on the first level to look for the hidden goodies)

i heard IGN bitch about how it had red steel like controll, which is good.. as i think that game did a fine job on control for the most part. how is the aiming and what not? is the game varied and fun, or repetitive? how are the graphics? and are the missions between auto/decep different enough to play each and not feel like youve already done it before?

also how is transforming and stuff.. id imagine its fun.. id love to roll around as Prime in the city streets. please tell me its not timed.. i woudl want a game i can have some free roam if i choose.

also how is transforming and stuff.. id imagine its fun.. id love to roll around as Prime in the city streets. please tell me its not timed.. i woudl want a game i can have some free roam if i choose.

transforming is done on the fly when you want. It rocks! Your faster as a vehicle but stronger as a robot. To preserve the movie plot just skip the cut scenes. And also a fair warning about the movie, lets just say the game is much better than the film. I am totally disapointed with the feature film. The bots are awesome but the main story is gay.

You can free roam all you want... there are yellow circles on the map to indicate where a mission was previously (so you can replay it) and the green circle is your next mission. Some missions are timed and others are different. So go ahead and free roam all you like when you aren't in a mission.

As for the 2 campaigns... I've only played the Autobot side and I think I will test out the Decepticon side soon as you can destroy anything without being penalized... I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't encouraged. :)

I believe the Wii game is the same as the PS3 and 360 versions with motion controls. Obviously the graphics will not be the same but they look really nice on the wii!

You can free roam all you want... there are yellow circles on the map to indicate where a mission was previously (so you can replay it) and the green circle is your next mission. Some missions are timed and others are different. So go ahead and free roam all you like when you aren't in a mission.

As for the 2 campaigns... I've only played the Autobot side and I think I will test out the Decepticon side soon as you can destroy anything without being penalized... I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't encouraged. :)

I believe the Wii game is the same as the PS3 and 360 versions with motion controls. Obviously the graphics will not be the same but they look really nice on the wii!

cool, ill have to pick this up. i was really angry at IGN for having only like 5 pics and really no good gameplay video, so i went to gamespot for that... looks much better than i thought quite honestly. I think its kinda unfortunate that once a movie game is actually good, they dont seem to reward it.. but ah well. seems like reviewers all say "fair" while most peopel who actually bought it are loving it.

the movie was just so great.. i mean my freakin mom loved it, and she expected to be bored. really made me want the camaro, even though it wont be out till '09, the bastards. i really respect how he had the military story, that one soldier's story, Sam's story, and the transformer's story going on all at the same time, and it just meshed so well you didnt even realize it was really differnt points of view. those type of things are really easy to screw up, so i have a lot of respect for his directing skills in this movie at least. wonderful special effects, and everything just felt right. its been a long time since i went to the theatre and got GIDDY. I think i can only say star wars has done that for me... i was very impressed.

the movie was just so great.. i mean my freakin mom loved it, and she expected to be bored. really made me want the camaro, even though it wont be out till '09, the bastards. i really respect how he had the military story, that one soldier's story, Sam's story, and the transformer's story going on all at the same time, and it just meshed so well you didnt even realize it was really differnt points of view. those type of things are really easy to screw up, so i have a lot of respect for his directing skills in this movie at least. wonderful special effects, and everything just felt right. its been a long time since i went to the theatre and got GIDDY. I think i can only say star wars has done that for me... i was very impressed.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm a Transformers fan from wayyyy back and was ready to be disappointed. My socks have officially been rocked off. I left more comments about it over in the appropriate movie thread, you should come by and agree with me on its awesomeness. :)

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm a Transformers fan from wayyyy back and was ready to be disappointed. My socks have officially been rocked off. I left more comments about it over in the appropriate movie thread, you should come by and agree with me on its awesomeness. :)

haha ok man, gatta run to work now, but tonight promise :)

I have the PC version(it was 20$ at Target).

Fuirst stage of the decepticon side is leveling a military base. So yes, property destruction IS encouraged.

I only made it 2 stages in, though. Decep campaign seems to have been designed as "hard mode."