IGNORED

Cuttle Cart Undergound

smf_4ever

Any one know if there are any plans to re-release these?? (even as plan basic w/o good packaging?)

Right now I am running my CC off the PC.. (I just cant seam to get my disks burned right.. the volume levels are all off.. so most of them dont work well in my littel CD player.. and tweak the CC out... grrrrrrr..but the same files using winamp play fine.. ??

Humm couldn't that be a problem with the CD player?

Have you tried playing the CDs you burn throu the PC's CD player? If yes, with what results?

I had some problems using my sony walkman as a CC input device, and then found out that it was due to the Shock Protection system!! That should be just a buffer on the cd player that avoids loss of sound should the CD's lens jump due to a shock, but it seems like it was screwing up the signal somehow.

Of course, disable any other sound enhancements/volume leveling system also, both from the CD player and the burning software..

Ciao,

Rasty.-

The stella CD is always more reliable because the files load in a bit more slowly, and they seem to have been recorded bang on the right level.

I use minidisc to load CC games in. I play the .bin file out from my PC to the minidisc with the record level up so that it's just short of distorting, and it works, with perserverence. I usually get one to work every time after a couple of goes, which with minidisc, you can do easily. The best wat to do it, in my opinion.

You might try asking Lee Kruger, he produced the Cuttle Cart Underground, I bought the CCU before I even owned a Cuttle Cart. It works great! I wrote to Lee asking about the same thing... Will he be making more??? I have not recieved a respones from him yet.

I would like to have an additional set of the CCU just for backup, incase I accidently scratch one of the cd's or if it breaks, gets lost .... etc......etc....

About the cd player, I think you may need a cd player that reads CDR's. I remember buying the Worship the Woodgrain cd's from Lee or Rick and one of them told me that that cd player works best. ;)

His email is resqsoft@earthlink.net

good luck! :)

Skywalker.............

Any one know if there are any plans to re-release these?? (even as plan basic w/o good packaging?)

Right now I am running my CC off the PC.. (I just cant seam to get my disks burned right.. the volume levels are all off.. so most of them dont work well in my littel CD player.. and tweak the CC out... grrrrrrr..but the same files using winamp play fine.. ??

Lee has told me he is NOT making anymore CCU's!!! (i asked him to put this on his website!! i guess he has not as of yet!) i wish he would make more but i guess making Very little money (if any after you count time spent! and in my case LOSING money in making them NOT counting time spent) is the problem!

on the Cd player!! Yes... only cd players that play cdr's will work!! i had a sony walkman while "trying" to test the WTW! did not work!! i got a philips 25esp3 works mine for me!! (but need to have the sound lever at full!!)

hope this helps!!

Take Care,

Rick

I'm thinking of doing a re-release on 8cm discs and calling it CCU Jnr. I've mentioned this once or twice before (Lee seemed very positive), but there's a lot of work and I'm not too sure where to start.

I have burnt a test CD. I currently have a working 8cm copy of CCU CD #1. It's just a straight duplicate. I'd like to update it with new ROMs, but that would mean I'd need to have every ROM currently on CCU, and I don't.

Is there any way to download every ROM in a single (preferably RAR) archive? I'm serious. It's probably smaller than the scans I've been sending to AA recently.

I have a really funky idea for the packaging, but I need to find a local company able to help me. I have one lead, but it's not as local as I'd like...

This may help, although these don't have some of the latest binaries that have been released.

Wonderful. That's another major step towards a CCU rerelease. I'll order an 8cm labelling kit next.

BTW: Anyone know how may CC's were made? Also, I assume all the sub-6k ROMs' audio files also work on a Supercharger.

Just getting a feel for the size this project might grow to...

BTW: Anyone know how may CC's were made?

Well, only Chad can answer this definitively, but there were two runs of 100 carts each . Of those 200 a few (six I think?) were not sold because they were defective for one reason or another. So just a touch under 200?

..Al

Chad's Cuttle Cart page mentions that there are 204 Cuttle Carts.

Audio files that were encoded for the Cuttle Cart don't work on the Supercharger at all, except for the Starpath Supercharger games maybe. Some of the 2K and 4K ROMs can be played on the Supercharger, but they must be encoded for this device specifically.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Yes, there were 204 working Cuttle Carts. However your pool for a new CD sets would be lower. Some people have multiple carts, some carts are sitting unused on collector's shelves, some people already have the original version of CCU, and some people prefer to use something other than CDs.

2K and 4K games encoded for the Cuttle Cart will not work on the Supercharger. Supercharger games could be encoded to work on both, or only on the Cuttle Cart. 2K and 4K games encoded for the Supercharger will work on the Cuttle Cart like they work on an unmodified Supercharger, but it's a much better choice to encode them directly for the Cuttle Cart because so many of them won't work on an unmodified Supercharger, and some of them fail in subtle ways.

Generally the 2K and 4K games that won't work on the SC are those that access 1FF8 or 1FF9. However there is also a rarely mentioned problem with a timing glitch affecting the collision detection. You'll see it in Air-Sea Battle and Haunted House. Modifying a Supercharger does not fix this problem. (But they work in the Cuttle Cart.)

Chad

Ok, I'm slightly confused.

:roll:

If the total of the zip files is about 2 meg,

and the total is 6 meg with all hacks etc, why aren't the hacks and everything in the zip files?

Where is the 4 meg of files?

Is the best way to get ALL the roms to download each one seperatelly?

So there are only 204 people in the world with a Cuttle Cart? I thought it was more than that, didn't realise it was so scarce.

There are less than 200 people who own Cuttle Carts. But in terms of future collectors items I think some of the homebrew games are out there in smaller quantities.

It's probably pretty close at this point, but I believe soon there will be more people who own Intellicarts than Cuttle Carts.

Chad

If the total of the zip files is about 2 meg,

and the total is 6 meg with all hacks etc, why aren't the hacks and everything in the zip files?

Where is the 4 meg of files?

The zip files we have contain virtually all the NTSC games released in the US. This does not include hacks, but it wouldn't take very long to download the hacks individually. The 6MB worth of binaries that Thomas is talking about likely includes different dumps of the same games, bootleg versions of games, variations of existing games, foreign titles, and various hacks.

..Al

Hold on.. I'll RAR up hat I have.. :roll:

ok here is all the friggin roms I could find all put into one convenient RAR. It totals about 4.8 megs. It may be missing one hack here or there but it's more or less complete I think.. It's up to you to sort em out though although I tried to seperate PAL from NTSC. I'm sure there are a few stragglers though. :P

http://www.users.qwest.net/~bapcruz/atari_...s/2600_ROMS.rar

ok here is all the friggin roms I could find all put into one convenient RAR.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what I should do about PAL v's NTSC, but I already intended to include hacks and homebrews.

It'll take me a few weeks to sort out the tracks for each of the 6 CDs, then I have no idea how long it will take to find someone who can produce the packaging I want.

I will keep people informed.

Well I spent the evening sorting ROMs on my hard drive:

Keyboard, Paddle, Lightgun, Driving Controller with hacks. These games each got their own folders. Plus the new Magicard demos.

Then Hacks, Protos, Moderns with WIPs, and finally Activision and other A-L, M-Z. Folders for each.

Whew! Sure there is some overlap .. but this arrangement will work for me ..

I still need to get a portable device for playing all these games into the Cuttle Cart. :)

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA