IGNORED

Your honest opinion on "love or hate" games...

Damon Plus

There are some games on the Lynx library that are loved by everyone (Klax, Chip's Challenge, Rampart...), and some that are hated as well (World Class Soccer, Basketbrawl, Hard Drivin).

Then, there are the "love or hate" games. Those games that people either find fantastic, or just plain bad. I'm curious about your opinion on them. Some of them are:

-APB

-Batman Returns (high production values, but mediocre gameplay make it a perfect game of this type)

-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

-Electrocop (just like Batman)

-Gauntlet: the Third Encounter

-Scrapyard Dog (this is more a game no one ever talks about)

I'm a big fan of Gauntlet - lynxed up with a couple buddies it really is a great dungeon crawl... always liked it... I remember liking Electrocop enough that I'm looking to buy a copy again... Batman Returns, however, is just as lousy as I remember it being, imho...

the ones u mentioned..

-APB - Excellent game imho very addictive

-Batman Returns - decent gfx and almost no gameplay

-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - i really dont see the appeal of this ,very boring

-Electrocop - the 1st lynx game i completed ,v good and can really show wat the lynx is capable of.

-Gauntlet: the Third Encounter - another great game imo ,took me 8 hrs to complete with food breaks etc.

-Scrapyard Dog - fun little platformer altho can be a bit frustrating,not a bad game tho by any means.

Here's my two cents:

-APB: Not bad, certainly a fun little game. Not something I play a whole lot though

-Batman Returns:Your average cheap sidescroller. Save your money.

-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure: Never played it.

-Electrocop (just like Batman): Not just like Batman. Much better, with lots and lots of things to do. Too much, really. Pretty good game.

-Gauntlet: the Third Encounter: It's ok. Not really Gauntlet

-Scrapyard Dog (this is more a game no one ever talks about):Good, hard platformer

Edited by Lord Thag

APB:Played it when it first came out on the Lynx.Not a bad game from what i can remember of it.

Batman Returns:I think this was the pack-in game with the Lynx at some point.Played it when i had my first Lynx back when and i thought it was a run of the mill side-scroller.

Bill and Ted:Never played it.

ElectroCop:When i got my new Lynx II from the Goat store this year this was one of the pack-in games that came with it.I really didnt care for it and i already traded it off.

Gauntlet:Well its Gauntlet which is not a bad thing.Great multi-player for you and your other Lynx owning friends.

Scrapyard Dog:Havnt played this one but i want to.My understanding is that its much better than the Atari 7800 version.

Does anyone rank the above-listed games amongst the worst in the Lynx library? Five of the six listed titles are really good or excellent, and even Gauntlet isn't that bad.

Hard Drivin' is my suggestion for a "love it or hate it" Lynx title. I can't stand it, but, notwithstanding its choppy frame rate and terrible controls, it does have its share of fans on this site.

Love: APB (used to be an arcade fave), Bill & Ted (this is the #1 game I bought my Lynx for), Electrocop (great music and Asteroids too!)

Hate: Batman (see post #4 on this post for why), Gauntlet (awful music and no continues - that ain't Gauntlet!)

Ambivalent: Scrapyard Dog. The game is too hard for my taste, but I just have to have it because of first-year dorm memories. :cool:

On the other hand, I'm in the minority with WC soccer (love it) and Klax (blecch). I like Chips strictly for the hidden fractal program.

Cyberball - I actually like this one, and yes you can run if the computer is not in their "standard" defensive formation. Try it near the goal lines or the 50-yard line. In the early part of the game, you might even be able to run in a 2-point conversion.

Power Factor - I'm pretty middle of the road with this. I thought it was boring but I really appreciated having an invincibility option. Much better than most platformers.

Hard Drivin - ugh!! Terrible. But another "gotta have it for memory's sake" game for me.