IGNORED

Wii title information.

moycon

Does anyone remember a few months back someone posted an upcoming Wii game that involved roaming around in the dark woods with a club or something and being attacked by cheezy B-movie monsters? I can't recall the name, but it sounded like it could be a decent game (if done right) Would like to know release date for that one.

The game is called Escape from Bug Island. The monsters are giant bugs, like praying mantis' and stuff. Oddly enough it says June 19th on IGN for a release date, yet i dont think its out yet (could be wrong). Maybe it got pushed back. its only 29.99, which is good as it doesnt sound like its the most ingenious game in the world.

Maybe it got pushed back. its only 29.99, which is good as it doesnt sound like its the most ingenious game in the world.

From what I recall it's a survival horror game. You trek around, you get attacked by monsters, you kill the monsters. The big difference I saw was that the monsters were "fun" throwbacks to the B-movies of the 50's instead of (wait for it).... Zombies. Is the new Resident Evil game going to be $29.99 as well?.....it's just as "ingenious" no? seems to me you were all excited about the new RE game on the Wii. Have they updated the RE series to do more than survive the onslaught of creatures while making your way to the end of the game?

BTW : Gamestop has this game listed as a pre-release....

Pre-Release

Ships 07/24/07

Maybe it got pushed back. its only 29.99, which is good as it doesnt sound like its the most ingenious game in the world.

From what I recall it's a survival horror game. You trek around, you get attacked by monsters, you kill the monsters. The big difference I saw was that the monsters were "fun" throwbacks to the B-movies of the 50's instead of (wait for it).... Zombies. Is the new Resident Evil game going to be $29.99 as well?.....it's just as "ingenious" no? seems to me you were all excited about the new RE game on the Wii. Have they updated the RE series to do more than survive the onslaught of creatures while making your way to the end of the game?

BTW : Gamestop has this game listed as a pre-release....

Pre-Release

Ships 07/24/07

yea uh, i did like the new resident evil since its more like a house of the dead... but Bug Island doesn't have zombies in it. am i missing something? you MIGHT be talking about Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. That game will be 50, allows you to shoot zombies House of the Dead style, and yes.. i DO think THAT game is pretty ingenious. I hoenstly cant wait to play it. Resident Evil 4 on the other hand, the ps2/gc combo with new controlls is only 29.99 im pretty sure. So yes, Umbrella Chronicles is an on rails you shooting the shit at everything coming your way.. it makes House of the Dead look like crap, and it beat House of the Dead to the punch too. There are some good gameplay vids on IGN , it looks like a blast (no pun intended). I woudlnt get Bug Island though.. I heard it's pretty dry... gameplay, graphics, and story wise it just isnt fun. Its not bad , its just not something that will entertain you for hours on end, ya know?

I'm completely lost on your logic, so a $50 game that is based on a premise that has been done many times before...and done very well already I might add, is ingenious to you ?? So if I told you I was inventing a round thing that would help move heavy loads around easier, would you also go around saying I was ingenious!!?? :lol:

Don't worry about it AtaruJr. I'll wait for gamers that have tried this game out now that I know the release date. Thanks anyways.

I'm completely lost on your logic, so a $50 game that is based on a premise that has been done many times before...and done very well already I might add, is ingenious to you ?? So if I told you I was inventing a round thing that would help move heavy loads around easier, would you also go around saying I was ingenious!!?? :lol:

Don't worry about it AtaruJr. I'll wait for gamers that have tried this game out now that I know the release date. Thanks anyways.

yes, its ingenious as no one has done it.. and it was smart to couple it with a more popular series than House of the Dead. Whoever thought of making it a resident evil WAS very smart as the name alone will sell the game. and just becuase there are similar games out there doesnt make this the same as them. is it similar to house of the dead? yes. did they have a lot of things in there that are different that really push the on rails shooter genre, yes.

its ok Moycon.. we still don't know which game you want to buy.. and go ahead and shoot down the only person on AA who bothered to try and help.

its ok Moycon.. we still don't know which game you want to buy.. and go ahead and shoot down the only person on AA who bothered to try and help.

Here's the thing all you did was confuse me more.

You told me that Escape From Bug Island wasn't an ingenius game because, altho sounding similar, running around a island, fighting off monsters, it was a surivial horror that wasn't Resident Evil but that Resident Evil was ingenious because it was a Resident Evil game and even though the premise and gameplay are almost surely identical (move forward...kill creepy creatures) as other games of this type it did things much better than the other horror survival (even though you haven't actually played it.)

Now see here's the way I see it... If RE sounds ingenious to you, wouldn't it stand to reason that EFBI would also!?? They sound like the same FRICKIN TYPE OF GAME!!!!! LOL

Granted I haven't played either So maybe EFBI is about dressing up dogs to look like bugs and RE:UC is about managing an umbrella factory...either one could go south if the control sucks, but just based on what I've read, THEY BOTH INVOLVE CREEPING FORWARD AND KILLING MONSTERS!!! But one is ingenious and the other isn't??? Do you see why I would be confused now? Haha

Ok wait, you did help...Seriously...Thanks for giving me the title of the game and now I got the release date, if only you'd spared me your opinion we'd be alright. ;)

Edited by moycon