IGNORED

systems

sciarpo

Just seeing what systems people have. I have:

I like vintage PC stuff more than game systems, but I have a few lying around.

Atari Jaguar w/JagCD + unpainted ICD catbox

Radica Sega Genesis Mini

Intellivision iTV

Commodore DTV (x2, so I can do the 1541 case mod when I get the time :-)

Playstation 2

I used to have the Odyssey 2, but it got thrown away with a decent haul of excess Commodore gear and my Mattel Aquarius (saw Gorf mention that - now THERE was a crappy machine) during an especially traumatic move. I used to play quite a bit of Odyssey Golf, KC's Crazy Chase and that RPG game (Master of the Rings ?).

Indeed the Aquarius was a dog. Not even that fun to code.

The Odyssey2 game was Quest for the Rings. Talk about effort in a game, the game board, well detailed manual, overlay,pieces and all that. The video game itself isn't great, but not bad either. I was glad to get a complete copy with all the pieces. I'm looking at Conquest of the World now. It's Risk meets War Games kind of.

atari jaguar catbox :lust: :cool:

Yeah, its kinda useless without a second Jaguar and Battlesphere. But eventually (hopefully) i'll have them both.

I wanted to bid on one of the other Catboxes that just went on eBay, but my fundage availability for decade-olde consoles ran a little thin :-)

The Odyssey2 game was Quest for the Rings. Talk about effort in a game, the game board, well detailed manual, overlay,pieces and all that. The video game itself isn't great, but not bad either. I was glad to get a complete copy with all the pieces. I'm looking at Conquest of the World now. It's Risk meets War Games kind of.

Yeah, that was really badass. But how useless was the Changeling :-D

all my systems are still in their original packaging and boxes.

atari super pong

atari 2600 (darth vader)

atari 5200 plus dual holder and trackball (own almost everygame on the multicart)

atari 7800

atari jaguar and cd

atari lynx

Flashback 1 and 2

colecovision

intellivision

sega master

sega nomad

sega dreamcast

Sega GameGear

nintendo entertainment system (NES)

SNES

Gameboy

N64

NEC Turbo Grafx

PS1 Portable

PS2 Slim

PSP

i love them all....

Edited by phuzaxeman

Back when I was a hardcore retro gamer I had about 10 systems from NES, SNES, Genesis to the Saturn and everything in between. I've scalled down my collection for monetary reasons and the fact that I didn't play about half of them anymore.

So now I have:

Atari Jaguar

Sega Dreamcast

Nintendo 64

Sony Playsation One

Now days I just try to keep about one of the better systems from every major manufacturer and what brings back memories. Like the N64 and Goldeneye phenomenom from my 6th-8th grade years. The Dreamcast and PSX from highschool and of course the system I always wanted but could never have as a kid, the Atari Jaguar.

O^2 is my favorite non-atari 8 bit system next to Astrocade.

My first encounter with this curious little beastie was back in the late '80s. It was a common sales pitch scam for timeshares looking for investors, to lure folks in by promising them a bunch of prizes for free just for showing up for the sales pitch. Anyways, my parents went to one of these events, and came home with a bunch of chintzy stuff, including this Aquarius (no peripherals whatsoever). It came with a casette game - but no datasette recorder! You couldnt even play their bunk-ass cartridge games without the expander peripheral....*if* you could find it.

I wanted to abscond with it to play around but my parents gave it to my little brother and told me to teach him how to program it. He used it maybe once or twice. I did a little lo-res art program in Aquarius Basic in about a day but that was as far as I got. It was a weak system and since I had a fully-loaded C64 I didn't really need it.

On ebay right now there are a few Aquarius aucions including the 300 baud modem. Pretty hard to find, but damn that system was awful.

My first encounter with this curious little beastie was back in the late '80s. It was a common sales pitch scam for timeshares looking for investors, to lure folks in by promising them a bunch of prizes for free just for showing up for the sales pitch. Anyways, my parents went to one of these events, and came home with a bunch of chintzy stuff, including this Aquarius (no peripherals whatsoever). It came with a casette game - but no datasette recorder! You couldnt even play their bunk-ass cartridge games without the expander peripheral....*if* you could find it.

I wanted to abscond with it to play around but my parents gave it to my little brother and told me to teach him how to program it. He used it maybe once or twice. I did a little lo-res art program in Aquarius Basic in about a day but that was as far as I got. It was a weak system and since I had a fully-loaded C64 I didn't really need it.

On ebay right now there are a few Aquarius aucions including the 300 baud modem. Pretty hard to find, but damn that system was awful.

I liked my T1000 worlds more than that thing!