IGNORED

Forever Blue Screens

AtariJr

post-8862-1183826911_thumb.jpg post-8862-1183827028_thumb.jpg post-8862-1183827044_thumb.jpg

not really quite sure what this game is about, but it looks really nice, and seems pretty unique as well. here's a link

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/853/853751/imgs_1.html

Edit: i love ign's description "Go to the ocean and use the Wiimote to perform a variety of diving maneuvers. Then use your Wi-Fi connection to meet up with your friends and swim under wanter together." .... wow , i can't WAIT to swim under WANTER together... i wonder what that is!

Edited by AtariJr

This could be kinda cool, sort of like an interactive Discovery channel documentary. I could see them doing a whole range of stuff like this as teaching aids for the kiddies. I wouldn't mind having a Cosmology sim where you could do flybys of the planets and such. How sweet would it be to have a modern remake of Lunar Lander included as a mini game. :)

This could be kinda cool, sort of like an interactive Discovery channel documentary. I could see them doing a whole range of stuff like this as teaching aids for the kiddies. I wouldn't mind having a Cosmology sim where you could do flybys of the planets and such. How sweet would it be to have a modern remake of Lunar Lander included as a mini game. :)

Games like this are intriguing. Even though they usually fail to catch on with the gamer community, these oddities often become cult classics. I picture this as a virtual ocean aquarium. Nothing you would break out when company comes over, but something to throw on when you are wanting to wind down and hit the hay.

Another game I am interested in that may be similar is Afrika for the PS3.

actually, Nasa is making a Wii game i heard. So maybe you will be able to have a lunar lander sim lol. Yea, this seems really relaxing.... reminds me of the whole Ecco on the DC look, but nicer and with human divers. Hope this turns into something good.

You'd think that after Steve Irwin that guy would know better than to swim so close to that manta ray...

Tasteless jokes aside, this looks pretty nice. The Wii may not have the best graphics in town, but those pictures seem to suggest that the visuals it CAN produce are good enough.

JR

What was Everblue 2 and was there an Everblue 1?

Everblue and Everblue 2 are underwater adventure games for the PS2; Everblue 2 was the only one with a US release.

It's one of those 'love it or hate it' games. I thoroughly enjoyed playing Everblue 2 - it is easily the PS2 game I've sunk the most time into (no pun intended :)), with a number of side-quests/tasks still to complete.

You'd think that after Steve Irwin that guy would know better than to swim so close to that manta ray...

I believe that was a Stingray. Manta Rays are totally benign. The only way to get killed by one of those is to be beaten to death with it :)

I'm glad more shots of Forever Blue have surfaced (no pun intended), I want this more than any other game. It's beautiful.

Tasteless jokes aside, this looks pretty nice. The Wii may not have the best graphics in town, but those pictures seem to suggest that the visuals it CAN produce are good enough.

JR

This is what I was saying all along. Not overly complicated, but well done. Ya know?

I might pick this one up. It's supposed to have online, where you can adventure around with friends and such. Should be decent at least.

JR

This is what I was saying all along. Not overly complicated, but well done. Ya know?

I might pick this one up. It's supposed to have online, where you can adventure around with friends and such. Should be decent at least.

yea i agree... the wii has been poked fun at because people assume the crappy ps2 ports are the wii's top notch graphic capablities. It's nice to see some games now that not only were made for the wii in mind.. but weren't taken out of the oven too soon. Nights, Smash Bros, Metroid, this game, and de Blob are good examples of this.

holy crap thats amazing... the motion is so lifelike! i just hope there are enough objectives in the game though so i don't get bored with it. Still, the physics, animation, and graphics/lighting so far look breathtaking for a wii game. if you look close in the vid you can even see the water's light reflection on the surface of the whale shark like in real life.. nice.

btw, on the wii-k end forecast on IGN, they said that this is a part of the same series you talked about.. but its a COMPLETELY different game, and isn't like the last ones at all. you have online play etc.

• 5 weeks later...