IGNORED

Never sell your atari stuff in a lot

that80sgame

i feel bad for all the atari owners who sell their stuff on ebay. First if you sell a system and a bunch of games in a big lot the shipping is so much and the bid is so low that one of the good games on its own in a seperate auction could fetch a higher bid. but on the other hand if you sold all the good games in their own auction and tryed to sell the system alone it will go for such a low bid that it will make you :sad: . For example if you sold a working system with two controllers it will only go for up to 50 but if you sold the two controllers alone you would get at least 50 for both so you just gave your system away for free... Any hints for people?

My favorite is the lazy ebayer who just puts a picture with no list of games thats how i got my first gremlins and a wico competition control joystick for 30 dollars plus the rest of the box of 5200 stuff.

Yeah, I wouldn't complain too much about the "lazers" since I've been on the receiving end of some pretty good deals from them.

The best was a box of broken Atari 5200 stuff for $25. There were a couple of CBS carts in there that I guessed weren't broken but rather untestable since the consoles didn't work -- I was right about that.

What I didn't know about, because it wasn't listed in the auction, were the three Wico 5200 sticks and 2 Wico keypads that were in the box.

Eric

Actually, even from a sellers standpoint, I'm not a fan of individual game sales. There are thousands of listings under "Atari 2600", and most of them are individual games by a couple of sellers. That discourages people from digging through the massive list to see the handful stuff I've listed. What I can't figure is how some of these people make money by listing 500 games a week - that's $150 in listing fees that must be overcome. I'm not complaining, just curious.

I know for certain I wouldn't have the ability or organization to manage a cart-by-cart sale.. with all respect to Sylentwulf and some of the other eBayers here, the logistics of trying to run daily cart sales boggles my mind.. I've sold perhaps 14 things on eBay so far (for which I've gotten maybe 4 feedbacks), and just trying to get THESE organized and shipped was a pain in the ass. I just shipped out a modest 7 orders, and I'm STILL wondering if I didn't somehow mix them up. If I was trying to sell 300 carts individually? I shudder to think of it.

Moreover, I can't see why anyone WOULDN'T want to buy in a lot of, say, 130 Atari carts.. yeah, you're stuck with a bunch of commons, but you probably get them for fifty to seventy-five cents apiece, and ok, you paid $35 for shipping, but that's thirty-five cents s/h versus the minimum $2 you're paying if you were going to buy them individually.

Besides, monkey is right.. trying to sift through all the atari listings on eBay is a waste of time.. if I've ever looked at them, it's at whatever's about to be auctioned off in the next 4 minutes, or the new BIN's. Anything else inbetween might as well not be there as far as I'm concerned. And seven day auctions? WHOOEEE, who's got the patience for that! That's just five more days of being stuck in the middle of the pack where nobody looks or cares anyhow.

But never feel TOO sorry for eBay sellers, you don't know what they paid for this stuff in the first place.

Yes, there DOES seem to be a glut in the classic gaming market right now.. beanie babies anyone?

-RPM-

I'll have to agree with that point. There are to many people trying to sell common games for a starting price that they will never sell at. I try and start everything at $1 except for the system and the rare games and those I start a a very low price as well. It is kind of comical to browse throught the listing and see those RARE pac man and Missle command carts for $5. They would probably get rid of most the useles ones if they just deleted everything with Rare in the title. :D

Yeah but if you dont have pac man 5 dollars isnt too bad. Its not like you can go to walmart and pick one up.

I was thinking more of the listings you see like 6 atari games _ pacman digdug, space invaders, missle command, Gorf, and maybe even a star wars. And the auction ends for 15 dollars.

If you were to sell star wars alone you would get 15 dollars.

Its not too hard to search for atari 5200 stuff only about 150 items come up at a time (3 ) pages.

Yeah my best deal too was a lot of stuff. i got a comand control joystick in the box for a 5200.

My worst was two 7800 joysticks that he thought were 5200 ones. Oh and a 2 port power supply with a 4 port system. He called me a liar when i said it wouldnt work.

Yeah but if you dont have pac man 5 dollars isnt too bad. Its not like you can go to walmart and pick one up.

I was thinking more of the listings you see like 6 atari games _ pacman digdug, space invaders, missle command, Gorf, and maybe even a star wars. And the auction ends for 15 dollars.  

If you were to sell star wars alone you would get 15 dollars.  

Its not too hard to search for atari 5200 stuff only about 150 items come up at a time (3 ) pages.

Yeah my best deal too was a lot of stuff. i got a comand control joystick in the box for a 5200.  

My worst was two 7800 joysticks that he thought were 5200 ones. Oh and a 2 port power supply with a 4 port system. He called me a liar when i said it wouldnt work.

I'm sorry but $5 for pacman is way too much in my opinion.

I consider this a $1 or less game.

maybe because I have 8 of them and everytime I see a bunch of carts in the wild pacman like combat is there.

I like both types of sales single cart sales and lots.

sometimes if you are looking for a certain cart a single sales is easier to find what you are looking for. In other hand sometimes a lot can bring some good stuff and some other stuff for slae or trade.