IGNORED

Anybody fool a Wii into being Aussie?

MegaManFan

I've read that Mega Man was released for the Wii VC but only for users in Australia and Europe.

Needless to say given my handle I'm not the kind to sit and wait for when (if ever) they do it for the U.S.

I'd like to trick my Wii into thinking it's in a foreign country so I can purchase and run the game.

Any suggestions?

Megaman Fan...I'm not aware of anyway to "trick" your Wii into being a foreign model. Part of it has to do with the fact that the Wii's seem to be encoded with the region they were bought in from the factory. The first time I logged into my Wii and it was asking questions, it didn't ask if I lived in North America or the United States, just wanted to know what language I wanted as default, time, and date I believe. Since then, other stuff like the "Everyone Votes" channel and whatnot asks me what state I live in, but again, no question about country of origin. So I believe the NTSC Wii units must know in their (BIOS,CMOS), or whatever firmware that they are North American Wii units.

Because of this, I don't think there is a way to trick any Wii into believing it is from another region. Perhaps there are some mods or something that can be purchased to change this...but I don't feel like risking my Wii just to change such details.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Buy a SD Media launcher, download fceugc and a modified autoexec.dol with sdload on it and load megaman roms into the NESROMS folder of your sd card. Viola!

http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp...&ProdID=389 SD Media Launcher

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3920 FCE Ultra Emu for Gamecube/Wii

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.ph...mp;postcount=13 Autoexec.dol containing SDLoad

:)

I've read that Mega Man was released for the Wii VC but only for users in Australia and Europe.
Just one of many weird occurrences happening on the Wii front lately. Why haven't the different colors come yet? :x

um.. because the white units are selling.. duh. just like with the ds or any other system, new colors or redesigns don't happen till sales start to decrease. if they are sold out most everywhere after about 9 months of existence still, why would they pour money into making a new color? you may not think it costs money, but they have to change the paint... the factory.. the box (which requires hiring a designer and a package designer). the company i work for, you really get to see how much every little thing costs. For our stores in florida we have to make our store signs in spanish.. to outsource that to another company costs a LOT of money.. and it's only for about 25 words.. but they redesign it to fit the spanish language. Youd be SO surprised how much the littlest change costs. A 11x17 color print is roughly 1.25 to 3 dollars... a 12x18 can run you almost 15-20 bucks just because its on a large format printer. If you do that times a few hundred thousand... get the picture? they have no reason to change as it couldn't help sales as they still cant make enough to satisfty demand. if would only cost nintendo money which would cut their profits. You won't see another color of the wii till at LEAST Christmas of '08.. so don't hold your breath.

and how is this a weird occurance lately? they've had a different VC lineup for each region since launch. You'll get all these games eventually just like SF Turbo and Donkey Kong for the SNES.. just be patient.. no need in modding your damn system.

Edited by AtariJr