IGNORED

E3 2007 Nintendo Conference

AtticGamer

Well, what did you think?

I saw it live on Gamespot and I think Wii Fit is useless. The games are just a bit too pointless to my understanding. Same thing with the Wii Wheeler, doesn't improve much from the bare controller.

But the Wii Zapper was amazing, it seems to really add to the experience, I'm curious if it will match the mouse/keyboard combo.

I was dissapointed by the lack of good games on display, no new Mario, no news on Game Boy, not even more colors for Wii.

Well, I was a bit dissapointed. They talked way to much about sales. But getting release dates on Galaxy, Brawl, and Prime was great. The announcement of Mario Kart Wii with online was a good thing too.

As for Wii Fit, I think it'll sell quite a bit in the USA. People here are so crazy about diets that this wouldn't surprise me as a million seller.

But yeah, I do wish they had ended on a new trailer or something, instead of Wii Fit.

Another thing I liked is that it seems they ARE aware that people want online games, and that people STILL do want hardcore games. That's definately a good thing. Hopefully we'll see some really new stuff at TGS.

Edited by Atari Master

wii fit looked fun, especially since me and my mom are just beginning to work out again. i liked the board, but what was really fun looking was that soccer game. looks like fun. i was laughing pretty hard when it showed reggie was overweight lol, nice.

especially since me and my mom are just beginning to work out again.

You ever seen that flick Taboo? Your post kinda made me think of that film.

Wii Fit might work. They had a fitness "game" on the Xbox my girlfriend got into for a bit. The Wii could make sure you did your reps so no cheating.

especially since me and my mom are just beginning to work out again.

You ever seen that flick Taboo? Your post kinda made me think of that film.

Wii Fit might work. They had a fitness "game" on the Xbox my girlfriend got into for a bit. The Wii could make sure you did your reps so no cheating.

no never seen it. i kinda hope that the balance meter doesnt go all wack like it did in the conference though. he did say they had it on the floor to try out and that it was better there, so im assuming he knows the product works better than what was displayed. the whole idea of using the board too for other games in the future kinda had me wondering. especially with the soccer type game, if they wanted to, this could be the next eyetoy.

Reggie seems to be getting pretty cocky for the apparent lovechild of Dick York and Shirley Hemphill. I think he needs to tone down the gateway profanity... recently, he claimed that if "your system has good games, a video marketplace isn't worth a damn." First off, MORE content is always better, even if it isn't necessarily games. Secondly, uh, isn't Nintendo supposed to be the civil video game company? You're trying to establish a family-friendly image, and throwing around vague threats of kicking peoples' asses and taking their names isn't really helping you do that.

JR

post-393-1184286103_thumb.png

Honestly, they're all a bit guilty of it. Even Peter Moore threw out a few punches, but I think it's all in good fun. After all, they're trying to sell their respective systems to the press.

As for Wii Fitness, I think the difference between it and other health games is that Nintendo will advertise it, and make it quite well known to mom and dad. It's likely the next Wii-Sports.

Anyway, the hardcore stuff looks great. I just hope Nintendo has things lined up for 2008.

Huh? I was talking about Mario, Metroid and Smash. Those are all coming up this year.

I have no idea what clip you're talking about. : /

Ok Thanks for clarifying.

Oh and it said "flick" not "clip" ...slight difference.

I hope they release a smaller version of the Wii zapper. I'm not really crazy with how bulky it looks, although I guess it's best to reserve judgement for after I get my hands around one. I remember at one time they had a mock up of a single hand held version. That may have been an artist rendition tho it's been so long ago.

i wanted more or less what the third party one looks like. while this would be cool on other consoles, with the wiimote it wouldnt be so great. i mean, for this it looks like it would be really cool to look down the barrel.. or hold it tommy gun style. but i think a regular hand gun form would work better as it would allow you to aim with better ease. who knows, maybe it feels really comfortable.. but i think that unless this is packaged with a game i want, the wiimote and nunchuck by itself will be perfectly fine for me.

one of the main reasons i like the wii is that my hands can be detached and relaxed, why would i want something that makes them cramp together again? also, this would be absolutely useless for the fps games i have so far. does anyone know yet if metroid's control scheme will require movement from both parts of the controller seperately or not? if this won't even work on the most anticipated fps for the wii, then i see this attachment as something to only really have any relevance to "arcade shooters" like Resident Evil Umbrella C, or that one that has you commanding a military strike team, forget the name.. :ponder:

who knows, maybe it feels really comfortable.. but i think that unless this is packaged with a game i want, the wiimote and nunchuck by itself will be perfectly fine for me.

Hopefully places like Gamestop will let you try it out.

Didn't I read tho that it comes packaged free with RE : Umbrella Cronicles? Can't beat free if that's the case.

who knows, maybe it feels really comfortable.. but i think that unless this is packaged with a game i want, the wiimote and nunchuck by itself will be perfectly fine for me.

Hopefully places like Gamestop will let you try it out.

Didn't I read tho that it comes packaged free with RE : Umbrella Cronicles? Can't beat free if that's the case.

oh that would be cool. free is always good, like the mario kart steering wheel. if i have a feeling ill never use them, id rather not have to pay for it :D

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/827/827187/vids_1.html

new footage of it with RE UC

looks like the trigger isnt that of the wiimotes... which is good. also, RE looks pretty nice in the vid. the machine guns on the spiders was pretty cool as well.

Edited by AtariJr

i just noticed the mario kart wheel for wii has a big button on the back for power sliding. so i guess this would be harder to play this game without the shell as pressing the b button sideways would be a bit awkward ...