IGNORED

Raised on Chuckwagon

AtariKari

Not so much an inquiry into regret (i.e. the games that got thrown out, etc.), but more an interest into how ppl percieve rare 2600 games.

I was just playing Gauntlet on the CCart, and its a pretty hip game, but the draw is mostly how rare it is rather than any nostalgic connection to the title, which is usually at least a significant part of the attraction in games on older systems for me.

Does anyone fire up Chuckwagon and remember playing it when it came out? Who owned carts like this back in the day? Did anyone get Eli's Ladder for Christmas one year? How were some of these carts rated 10 on the list acquired? All of them can't have been originally found by collectors in thrifts, I'm guessing. Considering there are only several known Malgai's (a great game, BTW), most owners must have purchased them themselves, or at least know who did.

And just in case Rolenta responds: I read your book, and highly recommend it to anyone interested in firsthand knowledge of obscure VG stuffs. Not that anyone else here doesn't have some good stories ;)

Thanks,

Well I just got a copy of Chase the Chuck Wagon for my collection and I must say that if it were not for the good price that I paid for this rare cartridge, I would wonder who would have played this game and liked it. Man this game sucks, but it is a rare cart so it will stay in my collection.

:roll: :yawn: :thumbsdown:

I got Swordquest Waterworld back in the day when they were selling them at Kay-Bee. I was kind of disappointed; it turned out to be a rather lame excuse for a game. I liked Earthworld and Fireworld; I thought the object shuffling and weird challenges were kind of trippy. However, Waterworld didn't really hold my attention. Smurfs Save The Day was another slice of strangeness that somehow appealed to my obviously warped 9-year-old mind. I also got Quest for Quintana Roo (Sunrise) around that time; this turned out to be one of my favorites, even though the gameplay can be a bit frustrating.

All of these carts are now prized items in my collection, although at that time I didn't realize that they'd ever be worth anything. BTW, I knew someone who owned a copy of Boing!, which I borrowed a time or two. Needless to say, the odds of me finding a copy of that nowadays are pretty slim... :(

HEAVY***6***er

50th post! Whoo-hoo!