IGNORED

Williams Pinball Collection

bdog_147

GORGAR!!!!! :D I would have bought this for just this table alone. I played the crap out of this one in an old arcade. There are some other great ones there too.

I have the Gotlieb collection and have really enjoyed it. This looks every bit as good.

wow, i honestly wasn't expecting much when i saw this tread. the textures and shadowing look pretty lifelike here. i just hope they made the background a bit more interesting. only having that floor and brick in the background (and low res pics at that) make it a bit stark back there. it would be kinda nice if you had other machines next to you so you felt like you were at an arcade.

Hopefully if this sells well other volumes will be released.

I wouldn't mind seeing the old classic pinballs available for home play (provided the physics and control were good)

Its really a market that hasn't been tapped IMO.

Sure there have been pinball games in the past, but what's needed is a decent playing game with the old classics we all grew up on. I'd kill for games like Twilight Zone, Doctor Who and Creature From the Black Lagoon. Altho like rockman_x_2002 pointed out the licensing might muck it up.

My buddy wants it to have The Terminator on it and i hope it has the Threater of Magic and Cyclone myself. :)

Excellent Pinballs all three.

Here was a thread where I mentioned how cool this concept would be and the pinballs I'd love to see...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...p;#entry1290661

This Williams Pinball Collection is definately a step in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...
If it doesn't have The Addams Family, it fails.

Addams is good, but vastly overrated. A lot of people seem to think it's the best pinball ever, to which I heartily disagree!

My two favorites are here, so I'm happy, and I WANT IT!!!

Those would be Funhouse and Taxi. (Taxi mainly because I used to own a REAL Taxi machine but it crapped out!)

If it doesn't have The Addams Family, it fails.

Addams is good, but vastly overrated. A lot of people seem to think it's the best pinball ever, to which I heartily disagree!

Like it or not, The Addams Family put pinball back on the map. If we hadn't had Addams, we wouldn't have had Twilight Zone, Cirqus Voltaire, Theatre of Magic, or any other number of classic pins from the '90s. Calling it "overrated" even if it might not be on your personal hit list is a great disservice to a legendary table.

And yes, it happens to be my favorite.

Edited by skunkworx

I'm kinda interested in this. However, after buying their earlier Gotlieb Pinball Classics, I have to say, I much prefer to play made-for-computer-game pinball tables than computer conversions of real tables. These were, after all, arcade machines designed (to some degree) to take your money. I'm sick of all the times I've launched the ball and it's dropped from the bottom of the table without coming within reach of a single flipper. You don't get that in dedicated computer Pinball tables.

They'll never beat Gameboy 'Revenge of the Gator' pinball. That was awesome.

This would make me HAVE to buy a more modern console! I love Taxi and Funhouse, and read somewhere that Pin*Bot will be on it as well. Hell, I'd buy it if it only had the three Pin*Bot tables (including The Machine Bride of Pin*Bot and Jack*Bot) on it! I'd also love to see Cyclone and maybe Whirlwind. Damn, Williams really had a LOT of great tables!

I hope it gets released at a discount price. Watch this. The PS2 version $20 and wii version $50. That would make me :x as I want it on the wii...

Well, Amazon.ca have the Wii version listed for CAD$29.99.

I'm grumpy though, because for some reason I thought this was coming out next month and now I notice the release date is October! Too... far... away!

• 1 month later...