IGNORED

Indianapolis 500 Legends

bdog_147

yea , besides the fact that the later levels have you driving the super birds, i dont think this game looks great.. lots of old ps2 style graphics, and what looks like some very slow, boring racing. i mean, i couldnt even tell when they were drafting... NASCAR 07 is better than this by far.

The graphics look fine to me. maybe I should get my eyes tested? I'll be happy with this. Unless the gameplay (the most important part of a game) does in fact suck....

just looks very .. flat... to me. and the tracks are honestly nothing to gawk at. I'm sure it will control fine as even need for speed carbon did well for controls, im more concerned about the sheer level of enjoyment.. it just looks very bland. i just have a bad feeling that after 15 mintues id say "ok, im done".

besides, there are FAR better racers coming out on the wii in the near future, just wait for them.. i think you'll get more bang for your buck.

just looks very .. flat... to me. and the tracks are honestly nothing to gawk at. I'm sure it will control fine as even need for speed carbon did well for controls, im more concerned about the sheer level of enjoyment.. it just looks very bland. i just have a bad feeling that after 15 mintues id say "ok, im done".

besides, there are FAR better racers coming out on the wii in the near future, just wait for them.. i think you'll get more bang for your buck.

You mean track, not tracks. It will just include the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Indy was a amazing place in the 60's, but this is just a bland arcade game made by a bland development house. Theres a video floating around out there that is 10 or 15 minutes long with them discussing their game and showing it off, check that out since it might save you guys 50$.

Edited by Atariboy

You mean track, not tracks. It will just include the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Indy was a amazing place in the 60's, but this is just a bland arcade game made by a bland development house. Theres a video floating around out there that is 10 or 15 minutes on with them discussing their game and showing it off, check that out since it might save you guys 50$.

One track? Blimey, I know it's a licenced game and everything, but the last racer I can remember that had just one track was (funnily enough) Indianapolis 500 on the PC back in 1990 or thereabouts. What with that and the terrible graphics (are the wheels of your car round or octagonal in those screenshots?) I think we're looking at "worst Wii game ever" I'm afraid.

Flintstone tires, virtua racing driver arms, blurred textures, and windscreens made of 8 polygons! :lust:

On the visual front, the Indianapolis 500 Legends is showing off graphical presentation about on par with other titles on Wii thus far

:lol:

yea but IGN will prolly say "...but it's in 480p~!" as that seems to be all they care about.. that and widescreen.

yea, the high res models they have shown against the black backgrounds in the images section of IGN look nice.. but it seems that either those aren't the same models, or they got a LOT more rendering time as the ones in the game are dry, flat, blurry, and have very low poly counts. i know IGN keeps saying "its still early in development", but i mean common... there is little shot that this game will get much better. and considering the release date is this year, i KNOW it cant get much better. it seems the only people excited about this game were at INDY who havent seen these cars for like 50-60 years and got all giddy. even then, i think the "magic' of this game will fade very fast. like i said the only part of this game i care about is the Super bird stock cars, and those dont get unlocked till the very end of the game, so count me out.

Edited by AtariJr

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd chime in to say I got the chance to play this game during this year's Indianapolis 500. The developers gave reporters a chance to play the game in the media center. The graphics were still being worked on, so it was kinda hard to judge it from that angle, but the controls were pretty intuitive and fun. I think the underlying mechanics are playing good. Yeah, it's just the one track, but you can "re-enact" races, play different eras of cars, and other things that provide some diversity. I'm actually not a big race game fan, but I thought this looked pretty good. Just my two cents.