IGNORED

What PSX titles will this Bleemcast disc for the DC play?

I understand before the Sony lawsuit, that Bleem!, the most famous emulator on the Dreamcast for the PSX was originally going to have 4 Bleem discs each supporting 100 PSX games, but that was widdled down to three: GT2, MGS & TK3. Each of these PSX games require a separate Bleem disc to play them on the Dreamcast. My question is what PSX games will this disc play? All 100 listed on the back cover? How can this be, if Bleem only officially released the three? Could this be a beta Blue version of Bleem which the developer who was on dcemulation said was only 30% complete and will run various PSX games with different success rates? I was thinking of buying this, do you guys think it will play the three official Bleem/PSX games and the 100 PSX games or so listed on the back cover? Does anyone have this Bleem disc or heard/seen it running so many PSX games on the DC?

ebay Bleemcast disc

(Please click the "Sega Dreamcast Bleemcast Rare" $4.99GBP BIN item)

Thanks in advance for any info.

Here's a pic:

post-9089-1184335499_thumb.jpg

Edited by ovalbugmann

You can download that disc pretty much anyware that has dreamcast homebrew.

All this guy did was print a cd label and stick it on a cd-r and printed a cover

for the dvd case.

In other words, it's a fake and you would be wasting your money buying it,

unless you really want the artwork.

But, you could just print it out and save yourself the wait on international shipping.

I remember them showing off the Bleemcast thing running Ridge Racer 4 and it looked gorgeous! Pity the R4 compatibility never made it to the beta.

It didn't? I've seen YouTube videos of it in action and torrents with it and Ridge Racer 4.

there is an A and a B bleem.. are they 2 disks? or two different version? which one should i burn?

Both and if your game doesn't work with one try the other. There is actually 4 different working versions of bleem on the net. As for games that work. The Crash bandicoot games work pretty well, MK Trilogy works quite well also but does chop and audio goes out of sync at times (on the DC not the PC).

If you realy want to play RR4, GT, MGS etc. then play them on PS.

Dreamcast is a awesome console but it wont play PS games as well

as a PS.

how so? ive seen GT2 before actually when bleemcast was just coming out... looked wonderful.

and to the post above, i think the dreamcast had one of the best pads, esp for fighters. playstation's dpad is one of the worst pads to play 2d fighters with (something i play alot) as it literally burns your thumb after a while.. while the dreamcast's dpad is nice and soft. also, the dreamcast really gave birth to the analog triggers.. something each of the modern companies have now copied.

If you realy want to play RR4, GT, MGS etc. then play them on PS.

Dreamcast is a awesome console but it wont play PS games as well

as a PS.

how so? ive seen GT2 before actually when bleemcast was just coming out... looked wonderful.

and to the post above, i think the dreamcast had one of the best pads, esp for fighters. playstation's dpad is one of the worst pads to play 2d fighters with (something i play alot) as it literally burns your thumb after a while.. while the dreamcast's dpad is nice and soft. also, the dreamcast really gave birth to the analog triggers.. something each of the modern companies have now copied.

OMG, DC Pad best ever?

Are you seriously on crack?

That D-Pad sucked for the Capcom fighters (Analog Triggers for fighting games = shit).

The real answer should be that the Saturn D-Pad is the best ever.

I've heard that the Bleemcast! version that's widely available is an early beta copy and that there is a much more complete version that's never been released. Can anyone confirm this? The one I have runs some games pretty well, other run SLOWLY, some not at all or with bad glitches like not being able to see any text in an RPG. I'd love to use my DC as a PSX as some of the well-running games really do look great but it's certainly no replacement PSX at this point.