IGNORED

Super Mario Galaxy.

Atari Master

I still need to get Mario Sunshine, that's how excited I get over Mario games now that I'm in my mid 30's.

sunshine wasnt great.. even miamoto apologized for it. but galaxy looks like what the true successor should be to mario 64. its simply beautiful, and the levels are much more imaginative that that town in sunshine with the retarded elephant people. its funny, while this is one of the top games for me to get this holiday, its hard deciding which of the "top" ones will actually get a purchase, its hard to narrow them down.

I dunno... From the clips I've seen of the game, SMG is certainly beautiful and looks like fun, but I have to wonder how complicated the controls will be. I tend to trust Nintendo about control schemes, so I'm not too worried, but it seems like moving Mario around worlds with such complex gravity systems could be confusing...

I dunno... From the clips I've seen of the game, SMG is certainly beautiful and looks like fun, but I have to wonder how complicated the controls will be. I tend to trust Nintendo about control schemes, so I'm not too worried, but it seems like moving Mario around worlds with such complex gravity systems could be confusing...

previews seem to suggest moving around is very easy, especially when moving world to world. most of the controls seem to be with the joystick, with the wiimote moving for actions. Seeing people play the first level/boss at E3 also seemed to suggest people didn't have issues with control as people seemed to complete the level with ease (and while laughing while having fun).

and yea, considering what nintendo has done so far on controls, and what they are doing soon with games like Metroid , which according to IGN is the best controlling FPS on ANY system (we'll see), i think you have nothing to worry about from Nintendo. ubisoft on the other hand...

I'll wait till more details come forward and I see some gamer reviews, but no way is this a title I'd even consider snagging on day one. Maybe it was the past hype about how awesome Sunshine was going to be that turned out to be BS or maybe it's just overweight, mustachioed, (probably stinky) plumbers just don't do it for me anymore.

I'll wait till more details come forward and I see some gamer reviews, but no way is this a title I'd even consider snagging on day one. Maybe it was the past hype about how awesome Sunshine was going to be that turned out to be BS or maybe it's just overweight, mustachioed, (probably stinky) plumbers just don't do it for me anymore.

or maybe your overly synicle about everything in this forum :D. and once review sites started to play sunshine, they did say it wasnt that great. In fact, I remember hype about how it was "the sequal to mario 64 OMGZ" only when the game was still in development, and they weren't showing much of anything. as soon as they showed the water pump scenes and the stupid elephant creatures I remember the opinion of the game sinking already with most people. I'd think with as many people out there already who have played the game , you would have heard if it was bad out there. it didn't beat out every game last E3 from Nintendo including metroid for no reason.. it's because at last E3 it was voted on many places as the best game shown on playable demo.

Was there anything at E3 regarding a Wii-Spellcheck?

nope, nor one about the Wii-Attitude Adjustment Accessory

So you're 0 for 2 this year?

Ahhh Well maybe next year sport, hopefully Galaxy will hold you till then.

Admittedly it looks better than Sunshine, and Nintendo would be committing suicide if they released a Mario game with crap control on the Wii, so I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll still wait though, if it's ok... Thanks.

Edited by moycon

Was there anything at E3 regarding a Wii-Spellcheck?

nope, nor one about the Wii-Attitude Adjustment Accessory

So you're 0 for 2 this year?

Ahhh Well maybe next year sport, hopefully Galaxy will hold you till then.

Admittedly it looks better than Sunshine, and Nintendo would be committing suicide if they released a Mario game with crap control on the Wii, so I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll still wait though, if it's ok... Thanks.

I liked sunshine :? Galaxy looks sweet though. :)

Mario Sunshine was ok, typical Mario game. I think the main problem is is that we have been playing some of these franchises for 20+ years. It is hard for me to get excited for yet another sequel from Nintendo. How many Zelda, Mario, Metroid games do we need?

I will probably get Galaxy anyway, it will probably be a decent game, but I have a feeling when I play it it will seem very familiar.

I'll never tire of traditional Mario, Metroid, or especially Zelda games...

Sadly Mario Galaxy looks so different than traditional Mario games that I'll probably pass. It just doesn't look any fun, I'd rather have a real Super Mario 64 sequel or the first 2d console Mario since the the SuperNes days.

Mario Sunshine was ok, typical Mario game. I think the main problem is is that we have been playing some of these franchises for 20+ years. It is hard for me to get excited for yet another sequel from Nintendo. How many Zelda, Mario, Metroid games do we need?

I will probably get Galaxy anyway, it will probably be a decent game, but I have a feeling when I play it it will seem very familiar.

Myself and my daughter enjoyed Sunshine.

We'll keep buying Zelda and MArio titles as long as they are good.

considering what ive heard about the game each day , i just get more excited about it. the use of gravity, the precise control, the great graphics, and the "can be anything you want" worlds they seemed to have created... seems like it's going to be very fun. I just hope this isn't not only the first, but the last time Nintendo has a lineup like this for a holiday. Smash Bros, Wii Fit, Nights, Metroid, Mario, Battalion Wars, Zack... this is wonderful.

• 2 months later...

Sunshine wasn't "just another Mario game." It was by far the worst (and only non-stellar) Mario game I'd ever played. It wasn't terrible, but certainly not up to the high standards of the franchise. Anyways, the more I hear and see of Mario Galaxy the more excited I get. Definitely picking this up on day 1.

I liked sunshine :? Galaxy looks sweet though. :)
Mario Sunshine was ok, typical Mario game.
Myself and my daughter enjoyed Sunshine.
Sunshine wasn't "just another Mario game." It was by far the worst (and only non-stellar) Mario game I'd ever played.

Personally, I aggree with the last sentiment the most. The plot theory was semi ok, tho it seems everyone in the city is dumb as a sack of hammers seeing as how Mario & Shadow Mario didn't exactly look alike, and during the chase scenes, both were visible to the towns people at the same time. So why Mario was continued to be blamed and forced to clean up the mess is beyond me. Maybe the game is about teaching kids how the American legal system works or something, I dunno.....

Anyways, Mario Sunshine had some issues. First, camera control. Something that seems to plague a lot of Nintendo's 3d games. Second, the whole visual appearance. Seriously, what was with the washed out light colors as if the gamma was off. This is what killed it for me. I can deal with bad camera control, but the fact that it looks like it was developed on a miscalibrated monitor was too much. It was annoying and distracting, and I quickly lost interest without even finishing the first level.

I've tried on occasional to return to it, but as soon as I boot it up it's like; "oh yeah, it looks like utter crap" and I turn it off again.

It's the only Mario game I own that I've never finished and have no intention of ever doing so. (And to think I actually bought it too. :x )

I thought Mario Sunshine was pretty good. It's better than Super Mario 64 which I'm playing now (at least Sunshine had some semblance of a plot). It fact I'd almost call it Super Mario 64+ with a decent camera. Personally I liked the non-water pack levels that were like giant obstacle courses, those levels were fun.

Tempest

Not to derail the thread too much, but I couldn't stand the "plot" of Mario Sunshine. Magical Paintings in a castle sort of makes sense. It's believable in the fantasy Mario universe. But in Sunshine, these blob creatures were all upset that their Shines were missing. Then you jump into some graffiti (what?), finish a level, and a blob give you a shine! Just didn't make any sense. Hehe, I know, it's kind of odd to complain about a plot in a platformer, but it still sort of bugged me. I found the controls overall to be pretty sloppy, and in general it lacked the polish of every other Mario game.