IGNORED

best graphics on the lynx

phuzaxeman

of what I own, i would say Rampage, but i think the Lynx's graphical cabalities are somewhat scewed. Is the only reason why the Lynxs graphics are so good because of how big they are?? if that's the case then the lynx doesn't really have that great of graphics since the systems like the gameboy could have smaller more detailed sprites for their screen, at least in my opinion. I am going by rampage because the game doesn't play like any other system and i think the only reason the game looks so good is because everything is so large.

of what I own, i would say Rampage, but i think the Lynx's graphical cabalities are somewhat scewed. Is the only reason why the Lynxs graphics are so good because of how big they are?? if that's the case then the lynx doesn't really have that great of graphics since the systems like the gameboy could have smaller more detailed sprites for their screen, at least in my opinion. I am going by rampage because the game doesn't play like any other system and i think the only reason the game looks so good is because everything is so large.

Double Dragon does the same sort of thing in its conversion..

I'll simply disagree here. Resolution is certainly not the only issue that affects graphics quality, and the Lynx's hardware was simply superior to that in the Gameboy. Take a closer look at something like STUN Runner, with its amazing use of scaled sprites, the fine details of Lemmings, and the awesome technical achievement of Alpine Games, and then tell me that these wonders can be attributed to an illusion or trick of the eye.

Does Duranik still sell copies of Alpine Games? I've seen a video of it and it looked terrific!

Yes; I think it's also available at Songbird.

AG truly is spectacular. I don't like sports games myself, but the development team did an amazing job, and it's hard to believe that this game is running on a Lynx. My personal favourite is "snowboard rush" -- the details in that minigame are simply outstanding.

Wish I could vote for a game that I liked better, but Turbo Sub is my choice. I don't like shooters as a whole, but the graphics really impressed me. Great scaling and fast action, reminds me of the old arcade game Blaster...which I didn't like playing much either. Ah well.

From the movies and screen shots of Alpine Games, it does look like the best there is graphically, but out of the games I own I'd have to say that Battle Wheels and Cybervirus are also incredible with the 360 degree 3D worlds. Games like these three and many others make the Lynx look almost like a 32-bit portable system, it's amazing that it's 18 years old and is only a 16-bit graphics chip.

Alpine Games because it is one (if not the only game) to use high color which is incredible stuff.

You forgot the fact that "Lynx Reloaded" is the only other Lynx game to have and use Bjorn Spruck's "high color mode" graphics,not just Alpine Games.

Thanks ;-)

But no surprise, its the same code.

In fact the CGE slideshow cartridge is using high color code, too. And here it is really "high" color. In alpine games for space reasons the picture are only up to 256 colors.

I had some other stuff in the pipeline, but no time to finish it... see examples on my webpage.

(only if your a BLL cable, a flash card or an eprom burner:)

exampel code

Alpine Games because it is one (if not the only game) to use high color which is incredible stuff.

You forgot the fact that "Lynx Reloaded" is the only other Lynx game to have and use Bjorn Spruck's "high color mode" graphics,not just Alpine Games.

Thanks ;-)

But no surprise, its the same code.

In fact the CGE slideshow cartridge is using high color code, too. And here it is really "high" color. In alpine games for space reasons the picture are only up to 256 colors.

I had some other stuff in the pipeline, but no time to finish it... see examples on my webpage.

(only if your a BLL cable, a flash card or an eprom burner:)

exampel code

Doesn't Push Around the World use "high" colour mode as well?