IGNORED

Problem with California Games

Damon Plus

I bought CG without manual, and I don't know how to play the skateboarding game. I've read the Html manual here at Atariage, but I can't seem to get any speed and can't even jump off the ramp. I'm starting to get a bit angry....

when you go down, you push down on the keypad. when you go up, you go up with keypad. you'll have develop timing with the turns once you go up.

I've tried that lots of times, but it doesn't seem to work at all. Do you have to turn every time you go up the ramp and down?

Funny, I was just trying to re-discover the halfpipe today. The essence is definitely learning the timing of holding DOWN on the down part and UP on the up part, as P.A.M. said. And yes, you have to turn on each trip or you won't build any momentum.

The first 3-4 trips, you can only do kick (non-aerial) turns. Press the A button while you're in the last section of the pipe. Don't hold it too long or you'll crash. The manual is wrong - the place to do the kick-turn is on the last section, not the second-to-last.

After a few trips, you'll have just enough momentum to get a tiny bit of air between you and the ramp. Now you can do aerials. As soon as your board leaves the ramp, hold the A button ONLY long enough to hit a clean turn in the sky. Hold it too long (or too short!) and you'll crash again. At first, you'll only be holding the button for a small instant. But if you keep succeeding, you'll keep building momentum and be able to hold the turn longer. Eventually an aerial can be as much as 999 points.

My ex-roommate's high on this event is almost 28,000. Good luck.

I bought CG without manual, and I don't know how to play the skateboarding game. I've read the Html manual here at Atariage, but I can't seem to get any speed and can't even jump off the ramp. I'm starting to get a bit angry....

the longer you hold the button down (a), the more points you get in the air. your goal after you get some speed is to try and make a 180 degree turn while holding the a button. if you hold the a button too long, you'll "turn to hard." thanks 4 making play this game...

New Cali Games Halfpipe record:

-phuzaxeman

halfpipe.JPG

Edited by phuzaxeman