IGNORED

Square making an RPG while using wii fit board

AtariJr

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/17/square-e...ii-fit-for-rpg/

Square wants to make an rpg using the balance board from wii fit. out of all the avenues for an accessory like this (snowboard, skateboarding) i never thought of this. i hope it's executed well as it would be cool to have a well made game using the wii mote like a sword AND the board to dodge and parry. im curious if it will be used just for XII or for something totally new.

That's a welcome change. Often with these types of add ons they are only good for 2 or 3 "games".

Still, I'll get into it more when it's been confirmed. Seems to me when the Bongo's were released on the GC there was talk of different games they would be used for and to the best of my knowledge they really were only used for the Konga games and Jungle Beat.

That's a welcome change. Often with these types of add ons they are only good for 2 or 3 "games".

Still, I'll get into it more when it's been confirmed. Seems to me when the Bongo's were released on the GC there was talk of different games they would be used for and to the best of my knowledge they really were only used for the Konga games and Jungle Beat.

yea i think it was only those two games as the racing game is now on wii with no bongos. im sure we'll see ea jump on this, but i was just so excited to see such an unexpected company and genre jump on this i couldnt help but post it. seriously, i dont think anyone had rpg in mind when they saw this board.

yea i think it was only those two games as the racing game is now on wii with no bongos. im sure we'll see ea jump on this, but i was just so excited to see such an unexpected company and genre jump on this i couldnt help but post it. seriously, i dont think anyone had rpg in mind when they saw this board.

Nope thats what I mean by welcome change. The games I remember that were going to utilize the bongo's were all...you guessed it...Nintendo games. Square's anouncement is unexpected. I guess they saw it and have an idea what they want to do with it.

Nope thats what I mean by welcome change. The games I remember that were going to utilize the bongo's were all...you guessed it...Nintendo games. Square's anouncement is unexpected. I guess they saw it and have an idea what they want to do with it.

i just hope that they are not too far into XII so they can implement it well without it feeling rushed. if they do it right, this could freshen up a series that has honestly started to get a bit stale since IX.