IGNORED

When will the VC expand?

godslabrat

Hi all

Back in April or so, SNK announced that it was discontinuing

support for the Neo-Geo, and on a related note, Neo-Geo games

would soon be offered on the VC marketplace. Was any time frame

given as to WHEN this would be happening?

Also, I thought I heard a rumor about a year ago of some

C=64 games moving to the VC. Was there any truth to this?

Finally, I'm really tempted to take a plunge on the xbox 360

because of the arcade game downloads (I'll be all over TMNT)

has Nintendo even considered a similar product on the VC

network?

Can't answer these directly as I don't think anyone knows for sure save for Nintendo themselves...

Neo-Geo was slated to arrive in Japan first sometime in mid Summer with the US following sometime after. I would imagine that Japan will start to get the Neo Geo stuff sometime next month with us getting it in September or fall timeframe.

As for the C-64 rumors. I think this was started when developement of the new Wii/DS Impossible Mission game was found out about. Since the Wii build and DS build will include the original C-64 version of the game to play, I believe this is what lead to the C-64 VC connection. However on that note, Impossible Mission I thought should have been done by now and already released as a WiiWare title. Yet, still nothing.

As for arcade games coming to the VC. Nintendo hasn't said anything about it, but then again, offering arcade versions of some of the titles might hurt the potential sales of released console ports. Granted it would be better to always provide the real deal over console port, but the console ports are likely easier to handle license wise and less complicated to emulate on the Wii. Arcade games being so different from each other in their own programming and hardware involved would mean each one would have to have its own emulator. Then again, I think I read somewhere that the current VC games each contain their own specialized emulator for just that VC game. I don't know...is the real answer. But I would think that if Nintendo were to offer something like say...1942...they would rather put up the NES port of the arcade game.