IGNORED

Smell of new Atari games

Joey Kay

Hey hey!

Am I nuts, or is there nothing better than the smell of a freshly-openend shrinkwrapped Atari game.

They should make air-fresheners with this smell (they're doing "New Car Scent", why not "New Cart Scent". Whenever I pick up a new shrinkwrapped cart on e-bay, I look more forward to the smell than the game!

Anybody else think I'm nuts or agree?

Cheers!

Joey :P

Nash!!

How true that is...

My Zone Ranger was NIB still Shrinked never opened...lovely...

But..it still smells like a flea market because I picked it up at one.

Even my Tower Toppler that I got off Ebay NIB has a certain old like smell to it.

I suspect that regardless of shrink wrapping or not...if the carts are store in moisture laden areas and flea markets...they will still invaribly capture that smell.

I am still waiting for my new cart smell. It has been 20 years since I actually smelled that smell.

Ooohhh...that Smell!!!...Can't you smell that smell!!!

:D

The worst Atari-related smell is getting a package in the mail containing items you've won on eBay, and opening it, upon which you are assaulted by a cloud of 20 years' worth of accumulated stale cigarette smoke.

MY GOD does EVERYBODY who sells used cartridges smoke like a chimney??? :x :)

Zoiks!

I've only got one new in box "stinky" cartridge from e-bay... I think it was from Mercury Hess. It reeked like a mildewy basement. Otherwise, every shrinkwrapped cart I've ordered has had that wonderful new Atari game smell...

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones!

Cheers!

Joey :P

Well, I'm not talking about shrinkwrapped carts.

Yesterday I got a Priority Mail box and was assaulted with stench when I opened it. The box contained my eBay items consisting of 4 carts (all in excellent condition) and one of those 8-cart bookshelf binders Atari used to make. Well, the whole box REEKED and the back part of the binder was broken off and reattached with packing tape! I was pissed... but then again, the only reason I bid on the auction was to get the silver label Space Invaders, to complete my collection of all six Invaders labels! :)

I have an entire room of my house that smells like this now =) Its the greatest smell on earth, it reminds me of like Christmas morning when I was a kid.

But on the other hand, there is nothing more dank than the stench that wreaks from old musty used Atari games that have been down in someones basement or closet for years. Smells like crap, blech. Thats mainly why I dont even deal in used games any more.

Justin

Atari 7800.com

...there´s nothing more dank than the stench that wreaks from musty used Atari games that have been down in somwones basement or closet for years."

That´s where the Eau de L´Atari enters the scene. Psst, Psst, and the room smells like a dream!!!