IGNORED

Tile Game Web.

On this site, http://austevoll.sekkelsten.net/spill/java2/, I have tried to recreate Tile-Game as much as possible in DHTML.

The story behind Tile-Game is that I tried to port Chips Challenge to the TI-83/TI-83/84 plus. I used this very speed limited version of BASIC who was included on the calculator, so I couldn't add too many of the tiles. When the project was over, Tile-Game had a total of 40 tiles and an editor, and with an speed of about 2 moves in one seckond. The original Tile-Game is avalible here: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/395/39588.html

You problably know what Chps Challenge is if you have an atari Lynx or if you like tile based puzzels, but for those who don't know, Chips Challenge is a game for the Atari Lynx, made in 1989 (programmed by Chuck Sommerville at Epyx, you can read his comments about the original Chips Challenge here: http://www.geocities.com/kathyl.geo/chips_chuck_page.html). The game is one of the most adictive puzzle games ever created, and it works like this: You are walking around in a level and you are trying to reach an exit. In orther to do this, you have to avoid different kind of traps, push blocks, press buttons, work fast and use keys and tools in a logical way. The original game has 145 normal levels including 4 hidden ones + an fractal plotter (Chuck allways added some kind of easter egg in his Atari Lynx games).

But anyway, What do you think?

*Edit*

If the window looses enough focus when you are playing the game, all the image resources will be removed form your computer's buffer memory and the game will run into some problems by refreshing the images. I am currently working on fixing this issue.

Edited by per

Does it require a certain browser? I use Firefox. After I allow JavaScript, a menu comes up, but I can't do anything.

Try to press the up or down arrow keys, and the arrow should move.

*Edit*

Then press enter when the arrow is pointing on the option you want.

Edited by per

Does it require a certain browser? I use Firefox. After I allow JavaScript, a menu comes up, but I can't do anything.

Try to press the up or down arrow keys, and the arrow should move.

*Edit*

Then press enter when the arrow is pointing on the option you want.

That worked. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
If the window looses enough focus when you are playing the game, all the image resources will be removed form your computer's buffer memory and the game will run into some problems by refreshing the images. I am currently working on fixing this issue.

Issue fixed.

I also added some sound effects.