IGNORED

What are arcade games would you like to see on Wii.

jboypacman

Ok i know that there hasnt been any announcements about arcade games for the Nintendo Wii but it would be cool if they did start porting arcade games for download on the Virtual Console.

So my question is if they did start having arcade games for the Wii what games would you like to see on it?Here is my picks.......

Donkey Kong

Gorf

Crazy Climber

Wizard of Wor

Tron

Donkey Kong would be awesome. Not the lame ass NES crap already released with a missing level.

I second Crazy Climber as well, but if I recall (from 25 or so years ago) it had 2 control sticks, not sure how well it would translate to the Wii control scheme.

Wizard of Wor with online co-op would be nice.

There was a sequel to Galaga, Galaga 88 (maybe it was Gaplus?) or something like that. I only played it once, would be nice to try it again.

Donkey Kong would be awesome. Not the lame ass NES crap already released with a missing level.

I second Crazy Climber as well, but if I recall (from 25 or so years ago) it had 2 control sticks, not sure how well it would translate to the Wii control scheme.

Wizard of Wor with online co-op would be nice.

There was a sequel to Galaga, Galaga 88 (maybe it was Gaplus?) or something like that. I only played it once, would be nice to try it again.

It was Gaplus. Galaga 88 was the sequal after Gaplus. Galaga '88 will be released in will be released on the tg-16 virtual game console in North Americia as Galaga'90.

I'd like the original Star Wars arcade game, using the Wiimote as a yoke (kinda like in Excite Truck).

Are you talking about Star Wars Trilogy Arcade? Yes, that'd be too cool. Shoot, any Wii game where the Wii remote acts as a lightsabre would be kick @$$.

Steel Talons might be good. Home versions just haven't been able to do that game justice.

Missile Command. Centipede. Millipede... Trakball games would be cool.

Mmm... Gauntlet Legends... Hack away with the Wii remote...

Area 51 or any shooter would be cool too.

I would love to see Tempest, maybe even a Tempest 2000 ish option, also 1942 and pac man plus for when an Arcade stick is available

and Bubble Bobble of corse

Edited by mimo

No, the old 1983 Atari vector machine. Mind, SW Trilogy Arcade would rock too, though I doubt they'd have something of that size on the VC ever.

Well then, why should it necessarily be released on the VC? Nintendo created the Wii mainly to reach the non-hardcore gamer, but also the casual gamer that doesn't have hours of time to devote to gaming. More recent arcade games like Star Wars Trilogy or House of the Dead represent a still-untapped area of Wii gaming, the kind that is played in short spurts like the older classic arcade games, but with graphics and audio that are up-to-par with the video games of today. It's the kind of game you can slip into your Wii at parties and let everyone take turns playing.

I for one would LOVE to play a faithful reproduction of Star Wars Trilogy on the Wii, only without unlimited continues, to make it challenging as a home game. Just walk into any modern arcade (or cinema theatre) and you can see plenty of modern arcade games that could be released on the Wii as budget titles, and advertised as faithful reproductions of the arcade games, which are meant to be played in short spurts rather than long-winded hardcore-oriented gaming sessions.

All these titles sound good... Star Wars Arcade is available on the Cube (SW Rebel Strike) so that's sort of already there.

Tempest would be lovely... perhaps Tempest 4000 or something crazy... maybe Nintendo will come out with a spinner controller (although I guess twisting the remote would do it but kill your wrist)

I would say my biggies would be Popeye, Yi Ar Kung Fu, Tempest and Ms Pac Mac. While we're pipe dreaming Captain Commando would be great too!

I wonder how Tempest would be if you moved your shooter by tilting the controller?

I would say my biggies would be Popeye, Yi Ar Kung Fu, Tempest and Ms Pac Mac. While we're pipe dreaming Captain Commando would be great too!

I wonder how Tempest would be if you moved your shooter by tilting the controller?

I think we need Jeff Minter to do it, then the game will be truely awesome, have you seen Space Giraffe?!!