IGNORED

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Friend Codes

Since I don't see a specific post about this yet, I thought it would be good to create a topic listing AA members FC for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl games for playing online against each other. In case you don't know your code. You first have to aquire the Pal Pad. Once you do check the Pal Pad in your inventory bag of items. It will have 3 options:

Check Friend Roster = what it says, it shows you your list of registered FC codes to play Pokemon against

Register Friend Code = what it says, go here to add a new FC code to your roster

*****'s code = go here to see what your FC code is for your copy of Pokemon. This is the number the rest of us need to add you to our rosters.

I'll start with my FC code for my copy of Pearl here:

2921 5778 7504

The game is released here on Friday, I'm gonna be playing the hell out of it from day 1 and I'll have my code up here REAL soon :)

Can't wait, I've been stoked about it since a little kid was showing me his copy in Japan last October!

So I must be the only one willing to admit that I play Pokemon on my DS? Is that how it is...hehe. I know I can just go to a friends code site and add some random person in, but I would much rather battle against someone I know a tad more, you know..an AAer like myself?

And Liveinabin, as you will discover one of the main flaws Nintendo made in this game, is that you have to explore a bit and pretty much can't do anything online until after you have beaten the first Gym Leader. I think they did this so that newbies to the series could get in some experience on battles before taking anyone head on in online battles?

doesn't matter, I'm pretty familiar with the moves and what works best against what, and I still get my butt handed to me by other online trainers on the Wii version. At least I might have more of a fighting chance on the DS?

Right!

My friend code is: 2878 6914 1504

My trainer is called Neville :) (Crossbow, you need to also give your trainer name for the Friend Code to work)

Edited by liveinabin

You do have to give a name yes...but it doesn't have to the exact name of the trainer. I just need the friend code so i can add you in and then put any name I want. In my case I usually rename the person anyway to their AA names. Nearly all of the friend codes I put into my Wii were renamed to their AA names.

So the name doesn't matter, it is the code that is important. During battles it will display your trainers name as you want it to appear.

Oh cool! I do hate friend codes though (much as I understand Nintendo using them). All those cool online functions and the only one I could use was the GTS station - and that's full of kids wanting to swap their level 2 Starry for a lv100 Dialga! :)

Anyway, I've added your code :) Us guys should all get together and do manly coloring and Poffin stirring :D

Edited by liveinabin

Yeah...I need explanations on that stuff. So far, all I've done is wonder around trying to get from town to town to battle the gym leaders. And or course give Team Galactic hell when needed. As for items and such, I only given basic hold items that help a particular type of pokemon during its moves. For instance my misdreavus holding a spooky plate to enhance his ghost type moves etc. Poffins and the fashion kit and all that jazz?! Just sounds like a lot of filler to make the game take even longer than they already do.

And what is really strange is that I was reading an online strategy guide for diamond and pearl and they stated that leveling up to level 32 by about the time you've finished the 3 or 4th gym should make it a breeze to get the rest. Totally false...hehe. I actually have 4 badges in the game now, but even my highest level pokemon at level 29 is having a heck of time getting rid of these trainers along the fields. Gym leaders I manage to take them out on my first try so far by just making sure I have pokemon in my party with the advantage of their types. But with the trainers out in the wild you really don't know what they are going to throw at you literally?!

Fun game though...I have more fun capturing pokemon I don't have yet and then trying to level them up to the mid or upper 20s before going back to my starters.

Just got my fourth badge, and my Pokemon are all around the level 30 mark (26-33). Have you traded any on the GTS yet? Traded Pokemon level up much faster than ones you caught yourself. My Luxoray is a level 33 badass from Japan (got him at lev. 12, won a couple of beauty contests along the way, kicked much ass to compensate :) ).

I'm in absolutely no hurry to finish though. I remember piling through Pokemon Ruby and having a miserable time. It's more fun being in the world, doing all the cool dumb stuff.

You got a Misdreavus?!? Superb. I really want one of those. We must meet up online, haven't done that yet.

Yeap...but most all of my pokemon, I have 109 in the pokedex at this point now. But I have caught well over 60 in the game now. Anyway, my primary party pokemon are only at about level 30 themselves. Misdreavus is at level 33 now I believe. I'm trying to find a damn dusk stone so I can evolve him. Yeap..mine appears to be male...weird as that is...

I also have a Pikachu at level 30 in need of a thunder stone as well...hehe...

But I do have a Graveler, Haunter, and Buezel just evolved into Floatzel the other day. He is pretty cool to have around for water attacks.

Misdreavus is attainable I believe in both Pearl and Diamond. I aquired mine through playing through pearl here. I can't remember where I got him though. I think I came across it in the wild along the bike route?! Anyway, you should be able to pick one up. I know my haunter came from the Ghastly I captured in the ruined tower in one of the towns I think about the 3rd town i visited?

I play the game at various times. Usually during the day here in the states which I'm on the central time zone so I believe you're about 5 hours ahead of me. In fact I think I'm going to power up my DS now and see explore more of the snowy area. That has some tough as nails trainers and pokemon at levels up to about 38 so far that I've battled?! Lots of Exp to be had though.

Just picked up a copy of Diamond this past weekend - I haven't played too much yet. It seems great though - I haven't played any games in the series for more than 10 minutes since Yellow on my GBPocket so I'm finding the improved animations, menu system and well, color, to be quite impressive. It seems incredibly deep compared to the media blitz that accompanies it which is aimed so squarely at a young audience.

You have no idea how deep this game can get to be honest. I have looked through several FAQs trying to figure out some of the best strategies since I never really played any of the other Pokemon games in the past. Pearl is my first real dive into the Pokemon universe minus the Cube games. I was simply overwhelmed by how much there is in this game. There is still much more than just what is present with the standard story I can tell you that?!

Anyway, I now trying to evolve some of my Pokemon. I manage to finally get Mismagius now and trying to evolve my Luxio. Most of the evolutions seem to be level based. But I know some of them are quite odd indeed. Still I need to get an Evee at some point and get Umbreon! I loved him in GC Collosuem and Gale of Darkness. Is there anyway to bring the cube versions over to diamond/pearl or into Pokemon Revolutions for the Wii?

You don't get to 'take away' the stock Pokemon from any of the Stadium/Colliseum games. However, if you want some old school Pokemon like Eevee (and IMHO the first 151 Pokemon are still the best) pick up a copy of Pokemon Fire Red or Leaf Green for GBA. They're graphical updates of the original Gameboy games and really good adventures too. Once you've completed the main game in Pokemon Pearl, you'll be given the 'National Pokedex' (which can hold data for ALL the Pokemon, not just the 150-odd in DP), after which you can transfer Pokemon from Fire Red/Leaf Green (via the GBA slot on your DS). As I recall, you actualy get given an Eevee in the original games, and it's up to you to evolve it how you want, though I really like Vaporeon :)

How many hours do you have in Diamond now David? I'm just now hitting the 50hour mark myself. I only play for about an hour or so late at night. Except for one day where I played it all day long. I'm still trying to get through all of Team Galactic's HQ section story wise.

BTW...you do know about the two new evolution forms for Evee in the DS versions right?...

I'm about 40 hours in (Pokemon Pearl), but that's including a lot of running around just enjoying myself and not really achieving much :)

I didn't know about the new Eevee's, no. Though, given the two new evolutions, I'm assuming you can actually get an Eevee in DP, otherwise that's just cruel and unusual torture on GameFreak's part. :)

I believe there maybe two times when you can get Eevee in D/P. Once is for a trade with one of the other non-player characters in the game. Not sure if I've seen that yet or not. And I also believe you might actually aquire one either at, or towards the end of the actual story mode of the game. As I said, I'm now leveling up the Pokemon which all of mine are only just now hitting lvl 30 while my Mismagius is at level 45. I had to depend on that one to get through quite a bit of the snowy part the first time through. I have to level them up to get ready to fight and capture my first legendary in the story mode.

Just a quick update on this...

I finally snagged my first legendary?! And amazingly even more is how I managed to do it.

For those that don't know or play these game, I believe every pokemon game has at least one or more legendary type pokemon that you can fight and possibly capture in them. This is also true of Diamond and Pearl which each contain 4 legendary apiece that can be caught. I managed to catch Palkia the other night in what surely had to be a fluke of luck in this game. I say luck because in all the Pokemon games with legendaries you literally only get ONE shot at fighting and capturing legendary type pokemon.

I don't want to ruin it for everyone, but I was told that it takes about 40+ pokeballs to capture most of these legendaries. And I've seen many message on forums that back this up. I thought for sure I was gonna lose my chance simply because I was down to only three pokemon left remaining in my party by the time I got to Palkia. In addition, I had no health potions of any kinds left to heal my pokemon during battle. I used them all up battling trainers and team Galactic members getting where I needed to go. I was hoping I would have the chance to run back to a town to heal and buy more healing before battling, but that didn't happen. So here is the story...

There I am..just defeating Team Galactic on my way to meet up with Palkia. I have nothing left but my level 35 Graveler, Level 38 Floatzel, and my level 49 Mismagius. Palkia is a water/dragon type so my only real chance to take it down without taking it out to capture it was to use Floatzel. However, I quickly learned that this wasn't going to work because Floatzel simply didn't have any attacks that did enough damage to get Palkia down low enough before getting taken out himself. After literally about a dozen tries at this, I formed the following strategy. I used Mismagius's Shadow Ball 2x to knock Palkia to the lower yellow zone of its health. I then used Mismagius's Return attack and managed to get lucky in that Palkia got taken down to only about 5 HPs or less. Mismagius was only at 8 HPs herself so it was gonna be close. I then went ahead and cast out one of only 4 Dusk balls I had. (I had read that it took 40+ Ultra balls to capture legendaries which I actually had 50 of just in case.) Since it was midnight at the time, the Dusk ball seemed to be the best choice. Imagine my total surprise and shock when after three shakes of that pokeball with Palkia in it...it then stopped and "clicked"?! YES!!!!

I still have 3 dusk balls left and 50 ultras...I cannot believe I managed to snag Palkia on only one Pokeball!!!

Any others with Pokemon diamond/pearl adventures to share?

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Very cool! Well done. Gotta say, those dusk balls are excellent, I've been catching a few Pokemon in caves without even having to hit them first (though nothing like the level of Palkia).

No great stories to report as yet, I'm still a way behind you, just got my fifth badge - which was amazingly easy as they were all Psychic Pokemon, and my party is not short of Lightning, Water and Dark, so it was one-hit-kill city! :)

At last, I can use Surf now!