IGNORED

Atariage member traders ratings

General Atarian

I was thinking of starting a data base where people could send me feedbacks/comments about deals.

I could then maintain a reference guide as to the details (feedback) Then people wishing to do deals online could send me the person they want to deal with and I could send them back a rating from the comment I have gotton in the past. Maybe it could keep someone from getting burned. I have asked the moderators about this, but for some reason, it not happening

Does this sound like a good idea?

Many of us can be checked out by our feedback records on Ebay. If you feel uncomfortable about a possible trading partner, you can always ask for his Ebay ID or just ask for references of people this person has traded with before, preferably people you know yourself.

Hope this helps. Just as something to think about: don't let one bad trade spoil the fun of trading for you... :ponder:

Cheers,

Marco

I think it might be tempting for an Atari-saboteur to start screwing with our various auctions. Can't say as I'd list mine.

And, if you think this can't happen, ponder this: What if "nesdestroyer" (or a similar goofball) passed through here as a casual reader? If he knew the IDs of the folks here who have taken him to task and started watchdogging him, he'd play havoc with each one of us. No thanks gang.

Not all of us use Ebay. My record, for instance, would come up blank on all counts. I avoid that "auction" thing like the plague.

It's not a bad idea, General Atarian. It would only work, however, if only one person in whom everyone trusted could maintain the member ratings. In other words, Al or Alex would have to not mind implementing this feature into Atari Age somehow (i.e. the profile thing he mentioned), and then making sure that THEY were the ONLY ones who could update a member's "score."

A short-term, somewhat pragmatic solution to future dilemmas would be to simply post a message on here, asking if so-and-so has been trustworthy in the past. You'll get quick responses if it's a negative! An alternative, if you don't want to make it so public, would be to PM or e-mail some of the old hats around these parts, who definitely do trading (Rick Weis, Albert himself, Jeff A., etc.), and ask if they have any "trustworthiness" info on the person with whom you're considering trading.

CF

The ebay thing might not work as you think, though. All you need is one moron who isn't happy to give you a negative, even though he was at fault.

*I'm sorry, but I'm threatened with my first negative because a buyer doesn't read my auction the whole way through, then is mad when he expects more but it isn't there. I listed everything that was in the auction, and he got everything*

*I'm sorry for venting my rage here*

But I think the trade feedback thing General Atarian suggested is a good idea.

Yeah we used to post such stuff, like : "General Atarian ripped me off, do not trade with him" Or "General Atarian is an ok guy, feel free to trade with him." etc.

It would be very difficult to regulate any FORMAL trade status for the same reasons ebay rating system fails from time to time.

The best way to find out if someone is a good trader is to just ask the other members here.

I'll vouch for Stan, Lemmi, Crossbow, Mike Bossy, Ianoid, BuyAtari, Curt Vendel, and about 4 or 5 others I can't recall off the top of my head (sorry guys).

KA

You guys are right, I am sorry I wasted your time about this question. I guess the best thing to do is post a thread and ask for feedback for other members if you are unsure of someone.

I was just a little pissed off about the situation i went through, I though it was a little unprofessional.

I will post questions about some I am unsure about here in the future,

Thanks for listening to me rant.

All of the below are good eggs and trustworthy from my experience:

skatepunk

Albert (well he does run the site!)

Cosmic Joke

Lemmi

moycon

Pitfall Harry

Atarinvader

jahfish

Iguana

Snider-man

Johnny WC

liquid_sky

Cassidy Nolen

Inky

King Asmo

pitfallaimee

Noble Kale

and probably a couple of others I forgot to mention

You can add Rick Weis to that list of safe folks to trade with. :)

Thanks Chris!! :) good traders i have traded with here are:

Chris Federico

marco (many times)

jah fish (many times)

pitfall harry

JEK (many times)

Iguana

might have missed a few also!

Chris, that's the first time i've ever been called an old hat!

:D 8) :)

Take Care,

Rick