IGNORED

Here's a nifty looking light gun shell by Pega

KrazyKaiju

I found a review of the first gun shell I've seen that actually looks like a real gun.

http://hardware.gwn.com/reviews/review.php..._Light_Gun.html

At first glance it seems much nicer than the Nintendo version. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it works very well from the review. It does look like something that would form the basis of a good hack project though. I wonder how hard it would be to tap the button inputs in the Wiimotes guts. Maybe wire the trigger directly to the B button, then rig an A button in front of the trigger guard. Possibly even add a mini d-pad above the trigger guard for your index finger.

I am totally going to try this, even if it costs the life of a perfectly good wiimote. :)

I have a PS1/Saturn combo light gun that actually DOES look like a real gun. It's an import, and it even lacks the "safety orange" crap. Looks just like a Walther PPK, and it even has a little removable clip that holds a pair of batteries for the rumble feature. It's also the most accurate gun I have for that system. Best 30 bucks I ever spent!

Hey, I'd settle for this if it actually worked!

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Namco made a GunCon for the Wii. If Nintendo can prove without a doubt that the Wii is more than just a passing fad (and there is still lingering doubt, sadly), a GunCon for the system is an inevitability.

JR

Love the engrish on the packaging, good stuff. ...and what's with the mention of Wii Sports on the box? I don't recall seeing Duck Hunt in there :lolblue:

That confused me as well, though I guess they were thinking of the target shooting game on Wii Play.

It's their generic packaging for all their WU I mean Wii stuff. It even boasts WU Sports on their replacment (and wirless) Sensor Bar. I just had to buy one of them too cause my cat chewed my sensor wire the other day and using tea candles is a bitch.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought 2 of these guns. Plays really good with Red Steel and Farcry. At first I didn't like it because it made the game too jerky, but that was all fixed when I moved the sensor bar to the very edge of my tv screen rather that placing it a foot below the tv. People complaining about the gun should just fiddle with the sensor bar to get the best experience. Use double sided tape and stick it a mm below the tv screen.

Those are the only two shooters I have and this gun shell makes the games a lot cooler. Plus it's the only light gun of there for the Wii that uses a trigger to fire, more realistic than than crappy Wii Blaster.

Get these before they get banned ....

Edited by ManShowBoy