IGNORED

5 Million Copies of ET: Part 2

MagMax667

I didn't feel like digging up the original "5 Million Copies of ET" post, so I decided to start a new one.

I was reading the Letters section of the new Game Informer when I came across a letter titled "Gaming Urban Ledgend?" In the letter, the writer says that his friend saw on the internet that 5 million copies of ET were buried in the desert. Here's what the letter said:

"A little while ago a friend of mine had been scanning through random things on the internet and came across something quite interesting. Supposedly, back in the days of the Atari, a game based on ET was released. There was more to the story, but it's not really important. What is important is that this game was mass-marketed before it waseven tested, then when it went to test audiences, it was reprimanded for sucking so bad. So Atari had something like ten thousand copies of this terrible game on their hands and nothing to do with them. Rumor has it that the cartridges were buried in the desert in either Nevada or Arizona."

The letter goes on, but basically just asks if this is true. In the reply, the editor says it is true and even brings up Leonard Herman's PHOENIX.