IGNORED

What do I need in order to play Space Giraffe?

Michael_

Probably a somewhat daft question, but I want to get this right the first time.

I always said I´d buy an Xbox 360 if and when Jeff Minter delivered the goods (apart from NEON that is). Now, the release of Space Giraffe seems to be pretty much imminent, so I´m ready to go also.

Do I need anything else beside the following to download and play Space Giraffe:

Xbox 360 Premium edition (because of the Harddrive, I gather)

WIFI connector (does the premium come with a cable alternatively, so that I can hook up this way?)

Live Arcade membership card (it says that a Silver card is packed in with the console. What´s this?)

Microsoft $ (can you get these online and pay with creditcard like you do with the Wii?)

Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Probably a somewhat daft question, but I want to get this right the first time.

I always said I´d buy an Xbox 360 if and when Jeff Minter delivered the goods (apart from NEON that is). Now, the release of Space Giraffe seems to be pretty much imminent, so I´m ready to go also.

Do I need anything else beside the following to download and play Space Giraffe:

Xbox 360 Premium edition (because of the Harddrive, I gather)

WIFI connector (does the premium come with a cable alternatively, so that I can hook up this way?)

Live Arcade membership card (it says that a Silver card is packed in with the console. What´s this?)

Microsoft $ (can you get these online and pay with credit card like you do with the Wii?)

Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

You can either get the premium or the CORE system with a memory card (I personally think MS should have never released the CORE)

You can use a cat-5 cable and hook your 360 into your network that way as opposed to buying a wireless adapter (You can find the wireless adapters for around $60-$70 used if you must have one tho they are like $90 new)

You only will need a Gold membership if you want to play games online, otherwise Silver will work for you.

You can set up an account with a credit card to buy MS points, or just go to a retail store and buy the pre-paid cards, either way you'll pay about the same.

You might want to wait and see if MS drops the price of the 360's, supposedly it will be happening very soon.

To add to what Moycon said, you need a silver account but that's free. After that, you need to use MS-points to buy the game (you can get a card at any retailer or use a credit card to buy points) and then buy the game. You need to save the game to an MU or to an HDD. If you don't intend to compete online that's about all you need.

As for the game itself... Some games are easier to play if you have an HDTV. Clearer graphics and better defined lines and colors. This game might be one of those that benefits from an HD display, but we won't know 'till it hits.

Edited by FastRobPlus

As for the game itself... Some games are easier to play if you have an HDTV.

This can't be stressed enough. I plugged up my PS3 with the cables they pack in the box and it looked like crap on my HDTV.

Even the menus looked bad. If you are going to go with either of these systems you should probably already have an HDTV and at least component cables to get the most outta the system (Even if you don't care about HD movies.)

This can't be stressed enough. I plugged up my PS3 with the cables they pack in the box and it looked like crap on my HDTV.

I dunno.. but I play my 360 on a 13" regular tv and think it plays fine. I got a few 50" plasmas around, but the 13" is in my office and where I like to play it :)

Try a game like Dead Rising. You can play the game, but the text is unreadable. It's like the developer assumes everyone has HD.

I've own and have played Dead Rising, and yep.. you can't see the text. I did have to play that on in HD outside.

That being said, holy cow I thought the game stunk so it didn't really matter since I never played it in depth :P

I dunno.. but I play my 360 on a 13" regular tv and think it plays fine. I got a few 50" plasmas around, but the 13" is in my office and where I like to play it :)

I hadn't tried to hook up my 360 with anything other than the cables that came with it and using my HDTV, so in that aspect I wouldn't know, but yeah there have been many complains regarding Dead Risings text. Seems kinda crappy to spend $60 on a game and then not be able to read the text in it.... But in any case, yes I'm sure the games play fine... how they look is what I'm talking about.

If you have it in your office on a 13" why don't you get a set of VGA cables (I payed about 20 bucks for them) and play on a VGA monitor. Then you get the high def goodness without having to get another television. VGA cables are better for when you are watching DVD's anyway as the 360 will upscale DVD's over VGA.

If you have it in your office on a 13" why don't you get a set of VGA cables (I payed about 20 bucks for them) and play on a VGA monitor. Then you get the high def goodness without having to get another television. VGA cables are better for when you are watching DVD's anyway as the 360 will upscale DVD's over VGA.

Ehh.. I'm fine playing the 360 on my small screen. Anyway the monitor I have for my computers in my office is a cheapo Sharp LCD. Not exactly great either. :P

Like I said though, it's nothing for me to take out the 360 when I feel like it and plug it into one of the HD's in the "common" areas. But that's the problem is they're all out and about the house where the wife and relatives are, and I like gaming alone :lol: Sometimes I do venture out though.. but the things I put on them aren't really 360 material :)

post-31-1186108223_thumb.jpg

LOL Space Invaders! Nice.

You'd have shit if you'd had a setup like that when you were a kid.

Hellz yeah! You know it. I woulda shit even more had I seen what I have now with Space Invaders Pocket on the PSP. It's amazing these days...

Oh and I forgot to show you my office just so you know I aint bs'ing about the small screen :P

post-31-1186108577_thumb.jpg