IGNORED

Online Atari 2600 Label Maker : Now with Silver Labels

Cropsy

What label variation would you like to see next?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What label variation would you like to see next?

• Atari 2600 Red Label
    • Atari 2600 Children's Label
    • Atari 7800 Label
    • Activision Label
    • Imagic Label

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I think this is a great idea, been playing around with it and made a few labels that i really like. Also made a few spoof labels, like this one :)

sq7db9.jpg

Also: is there any plans to make Colecovision labels ? (i know it a long shot, but just thought i'd ask)

Edited by Tony Montana

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all, I made a post on my blog/podcast website which includes 140 "what if" Atari 2600 label designs. Some of these were done by forum users Marc Oberhäuser, Atariboy2600, and user42, although I can't recall which is which. I think 90-something were done solely by me (yes I need a psychiatrist). They include well known prototypes that were never released, fake labels for popular TV, movie and animated properties from the 2600 era, and even full sized labels (which should have been done) if M Network weren't using those dang carts of theirs. Photoshop, labelmaker2600.com, and there you go. I've always been a big fan of the 2600 labels, and felt like having somewhere that I could display all of them at once.

http://paunchstevenson.com/2008/09/27/atar...-custom-labels/

Hey all, I made a post on my blog/podcast website which includes 140 "what if" Atari 2600 label designs. Some of these were done by forum users Marc Oberhäuser, Atariboy2600, and user42, although I can't recall which is which. I think 90-something were done solely by me (yes I need a psychiatrist). They include well known prototypes that were never released, fake labels for popular TV, movie and animated properties from the 2600 era, and even full sized labels (which should have been done) if M Network weren't using those dang carts of theirs. Photoshop, labelmaker2600.com, and there you go. I've always been a big fan of the 2600 labels, and felt like having somewhere that I could display all of them at once.

http://paunchstevenson.com/2008/09/27/atar...-custom-labels/

Nice job. I grabbed a few of your proto carts to use in my PCAEwin setup. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

After seeing alot of my mock-up carts used in Greg2600's blog post I decided to post up all the proto images from my "cart image" folder together in one place. A few of these are acutal reproduction carts but most of them never lived outside my (or others) head(s)....

I use these in my PCAEwin emulator set-up and I now have carts for almost all of the unreleased protos, just a couple missing.

I know many of these have been posted before but there are alot of new ones in there too.

post-15767-1224377916_thumb.jpg

post-15767-1224377995_thumb.jpg

post-15767-1224378033_thumb.jpg

post-15767-1224378060_thumb.jpg

post-15767-1224378072_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

As of this writing there are 23 pages of posts so pardon me if this has already been answered...

Has anyone used the online label maker and printed them out? If so, what label did you use?

Or, perhaps the cart makers can steer me into the right direction in creating labels so I can dress the "naked ladies"...

Has anyone used the online label maker and printed them out? If so, what label did you use?

Or, perhaps the cart makers can steer me into the right direction in creating labels so I can dress the "naked ladies"...

I haven't read through all 23 pages, but someone on the first page said they printed them out. The 360dpi option would definitely be the one to use for printing. However, once you download it, the image is in 72dpi which makes it 13.667" x 117.056". That's one HUGE label! You'll just need to resize it in something like Photoshop, Gimp, or whatever you use, so that it's 70mm x 87.4mm. You may want to go slightly larger so you have a bit of bleed-over for trimming purposes.

edit: Here's a post were Cropsy says to just use the right dimensions in your printing program.

Edited by KevinMos3

I haven't read through all 23 pages, but someone on the first page said they printed them out. The 360dpi option would definitely be the one to use for printing. However, once you download it, the image is in 72dpi which makes it 13.667" x 117.056". That's one HUGE label! You'll just need to resize it in something like Photoshop, Gimp, or whatever you use, so that it's 70mm x 87.4mm. You may want to go slightly larger so you have a bit of bleed-over for trimming purposes.

edit: Here's a post were Cropsy says to just use the right dimensions in your printing program.

Cool thx...now I just need insight into what label, e.g. Avery label people are using