IGNORED

Top Loader NES.

Atari Master

On eBay australia one of the Nes top-loader just sold for $125 or something but with all controllers and cables, i really wanna get one too but like in America the Snes was released at the same time as the Top-loader and it was serverly beaten, you probably won't find one anywhere for under $50.00 bucks unless you dupe the owner in a cheaper deal. I was just wondering aswell, why do i keep hearing about people replacing the pin-connector in the N.E.S to make it run better?

Something to do with 72pin and 60pin??

They have one of those top-loading NES units on display at my local Gamestop. I don't believe it's for sale, though. But then again, this one's plastic exterior has turned from the normal bright white to a hideous yellow shade, almost as if it were subjected to years of use in a smoke-filled room. I'll ask the next time I'm in that Gamestop to see what they want for it.

You can just *fix* the connectors. They're not hard to fix at all.. just find the pins that are bent the furthest away, and bend them back towards the center with a paperclip. If you want your NES to work for years without a hassle, bend them ALL, and make a really tight fit between the cart and the pins.

Our local GameStop only has older USED front loaders for $30. I'd love to replace it with a top loader as my front one has a bad connector too.

If I play around with the game and jiggle it and press power enough I'll finally get a game to play. But I hate to do that with my Zelda and Dragon Warrior games since they have the first generation "Press Reset while Powering Off" type save feature. Whose silly idea was that? Though, ironically, those two games seem to be the only games that play almost immediately. Heh.

I have it set up with the top off and the inside exposed since it's easier to play with the game like that. I'm thinking that's the only thing werong with it. So I think I'll replace the connector and hack the NES internals into something. But I'd really rather have a Top loader. But they're SO hard to find!