IGNORED

Project Aurora = Mother Brain?

-^CrossBow^-

Just got done watching the two new added trailers to the MP3 preview channel. One of the videos is called Aurora. I'm not the most intelligent sometimes, but you cannot tell me that the Aurora A.I. computer system talked about in this movie clip and the shots of it...aren't directly from the first and super Metroid games?! Now I have to say I am even more intriqued by what is going on this time around in the story arc? Any thoughts?

Really looking forward to the release of this one now. And I haven't been excited about the release of any Metroid game until now.

Funny... I see where you are getting the idea but I had a different thought... I was thinking of a Metal Gear project gone wrong.

When I went to watch the Aurora vid last night it stuttered (buffering message appeared soo much... I'm guessing it was due to high traffic as the vid just went up) and I got tired of waiting for it so I turned it off... I'll watch it and the Spider Ball video tonight.

Oh yes... more vids on Thursday the 16th too!

Bottom line... this game is looking really nice and will be a fine addition to my library of Wii games!

Looks to me like it's going to be a completely different Brain. Father Brain perhaps? They do talk about how the computers have different genders and whatnot.

Also, if you follow the story, I don't see how it could be the original MB from Metroid Zero, since it's pretty much hardwired into Zebes and regenerates (I assumed) for Metroid 3.

Well...the Aurora video also states that many of these Auroras exist and are used by businesses, military, etc. Isn't is possible that the space pirates stole more than one of these and used them on more than just planet Zebes? I'm just stating that there is one particular shot in that video where it shows a sort of x-ray black 'n white side shot of an Aurora A.I. and darned if it isn't encapsulated in a cylinder and look strangely similar layout wise to the first Metroid...Hmmm.

I also heard somewhere that Metroid Prime 3, doesn't all take place on one planet. There is a possibility of some planet hopping to be done on this one.

Well...the Aurora video also states that many of these Auroras exist and are used by businesses, military, etc. Isn't is possible that the space pirates stole more than one of these and used them on more than just planet Zebes? I'm just stating that there is one particular shot in that video where it shows a sort of x-ray black 'n white side shot of an Aurora A.I. and darned if it isn't encapsulated in a cylinder and look strangely similar layout wise to the first Metroid...Hmmm.

I also heard somewhere that Metroid Prime 3, doesn't all take place on one planet. There is a possibility of some planet hopping to be done on this one.

Right and I hope that's the case with this being a completely different brain that was used in some capacity other than on Zebes. I don't much like revisionist story telling, but I guess you never know how they'll do this.

Being that the Prime games all happen between Metroid (Zero) and Metroid 2, I just hope they don't muck around with the appearance of Mother Brain in (Super) Metroid 3 or the premise that Samus hadn't been to Zebes since it was almost wiped out in Zero. Or if they do, I hope that they will explain it well enough. Of course with the inconsistencies with Ridley that they've already introduced (unless there is more than one of him too) one can never know.

Near as I can tell...in most all of these Metroid games, they basically explain the existence of multiple Ripley's etc, by fact that they are experiments. We are then given to understand that while all of these main boss critters such as Ripley maybe alike in appearance, we don't know for a fact if they are the exact same Ripley we took on in previous game installments.

My thoughts are that there are simply multiples of all we have seen. We know from Prime 2 that the Pirates can breed Metroids and do so at an alarming rate. So that explains why all Metroids weren't wiped out in the first game. We also know about their love of Phazon and all it offers to their experiments. It is naive of us to think that there would only be ONE of these things in existence anyway. Just because we weren't told or may have even been told of there only being one that existed, doesn't mean that was the case.

Remember, why build one when you can build or make two for twice the price?

You are correct Greg in that the other bounty hunters from the DS game are a part of this game as well. I don't know if they are playable, or what the deal is. My suspicion...and I'm hoping this isn't the case..though I fear it is...

I fear that we won't be playing as Samus the entire time. I feel the game will have us switch points of view and see another side of a larger story arc by playing on different planets or areas as the other bounty hunters from time to time. I personally, would rather play as Samus the entire time, and just see cutscenes on the branching story from the other Hunters. In addition to of course adding the other Hunters to Samus list to kill...hehe...

I dunno, having a different playable hunter might be really cool, what with their different abilities and such. I'm just hoping that maybe we'll get some elements of the other Metroid games, like maybe the X parasite from Fusion, or some of the characters from Super Metroid this go-round. If this is to be the last of the Metroid games (well, at least of the Prime games), maybe those li'l aliens you rescued from Super Metroid will show up and help you out somehow.

Or this thought...

A selection of different hunters, but the ability to play through each one as a seperate storyline and an entire game. The idea would be that all the hunters would be able to visit the same locations, but some areas of those locations would be closed off to all but certain hunters with the abilities to reach them. That way, you could play, title-to-credits, using a single hunter. But you've never truly found everything and seen all the storylines unless you play as the other hunters in the game.

First time through you would play strictly as Samus. That would unlock the next hunter's game, which would unlock the next, and the next, and so on. During the course of each storyline, the hunters could do battle with each other, or to complicate the story some more, perhaps you could be given the ability to form alliances with some of the hunters for team-based hunter battles (2-on-2).

Of course, if you wanted to really give the game some replayability, might as well throw in an exclusive world that only the chosen hunter can visit, though that might be a bit much to ask for (a new planet for every playable hunter in the game).

Also, since the "Prime" series takes place between the first and second Metroid games, and since Mother Brain (or some type of Mother-Brain-like creature) exists in MP3, would it be too far-fetched to suggest we might get a chance to re-explore a sprawling Planet Zebes in 3D this time? :D

Edited by rockman_x_2002

First time through you would play strictly as Samus. That would unlock the next hunter's game, which would unlock the next, and the next, and so on. During the course of each storyline, the hunters could do battle with each other, or to complicate the story some more, perhaps you could be given the ability to form alliances with some of the hunters for team-based hunter battles (2-on-2).

I like this idea, but in truth I am expecting the game to run about 20-30 hours for the first play through. I honestly don't think I'd have the attention span to do it again. At least not until years later when I feel like it's time to revisit. But, I do that with a lot of games.

I'll be happy if I get to play as Samus, have a typically sprawling and shit-hot sci fi adventure and get all my questions answered about Phazon, this new brain, and whatnot.

Say, how did all those metroids mutate in Metroid 2 anyway? Did they explain that? I haven't played the game in years, so I don't remember, but perhaps they will tie Phazon to that happening, tie up everything nicely and then move on to a different phase in the Metroid universe

I wonder (and I hope I'm wrong) if they are going to phase out Samus' character, get players more familiar with the other Hunters (regarding their backgrounds and special abilities and such), and replace Samus in future Metroid games. This is all just speculation and brainstorming on my part based on the posts in this thread and I have no evidence to support it, but it seems like a good way to introduce a new playable character with a fresh storyline. I think there's more that can be done with Samus' character, however, like maybe delve into her past when she first gets the suit and explore her adventures before the Metroid thing comes into play. Of course, it would be hard to call it a Metroid game if there are no metroids, but now I'm rambling...

Of course, it would be hard to call it a Metroid game if there are no metroids, but now I'm rambling...

That's essentially what Prime 2 was...

I mean there were what, eight Metroids in the entire game?