IGNORED

Babylon 5 is $10!

FastRobPlus

I was browsng waiting for 300 HD to hit XBL marketplace last night. While I was browsing, I noticed in the TV episodes section, Babylon 5 the series is there (in widescreen!) and also the TV movies like Legend of the Rangers and Thirdspace. But.... They are $10!! That is the most expensive video download I've seen on XBL or iTunes.

I'm sure WB sets the prices for thier content, but $10 per made-for-TV movie is crazy. Are these videos not available in stores or something?

Yeah, I saw that also when browsing XBL for the first time a few days ago. The B5 movie collection is available in stores and it's typically around $50. Amazon has it for $47.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Babylon-Movie-Collec...2758&sr=8-4

There are five movies, don't remember if all of these are available on XBL. But $10 a hit is definitely way too much for them. They should be closer to $5 each.

..Al

No that's the difference between these and the other movies available.

They are a purchase not a rental.

It's about average really. Check out sites like movielink.com, the movies run about $9.99-$19.99 for purchases.

Still WAY too expensive for something you can only play on your Xbox 360. You don't get physical media, you can't sell them to someone else after you've watched them, you get NONE of the extra bonus materials from the DVDs, you don't get subtitles or alternate audio tracks, and so forth. Oh and you get stuck with stupid DRM restrictions. Great deal for anyone selling digital media in this fashion, really bad deal for the consumer.

..Al

No that's the difference between these and the other movies available.

They are a purchase not a rental.

It's about average really. Check out sites like movielink.com, the movies run about $9.99-$19.99 for purchases.

Still WAY too expensive for something you can only play on your Xbox 360. You don't get physical media, you can't sell them to someone else after you've watched them, you get NONE of the extra bonus materials from the DVDs, you don't get subtitles or alternate audio tracks, and so forth. Oh and you get stuck with stupid DRM restrictions. Great deal for anyone selling digital media in this fashion, really bad deal for the consumer.

..Al

Yep, That’s the future I guess. movielink isn't the only company offering movies for purchase online so apparently someone buys them. Believe me, if game and movie producers had it their way, we wouldn't have physical media now. They don't make a dime off of used games sold at BlockBusters and the like. I agree it's a really bad deal for consumers, especially if they like to collect stuff. I suspect if it takes off tho, things like extra content will be available as well. As it stands it just for convenience really. Some folks don't worry about reselling there movies, or extras, they just have a favorite flick, want it, and can have it at a press of a button. That's who those movies are for. Folks like you still have the option to pick up the DVDs, so it's all good. I personally have purchased flicks off that movielink knowing full well I could find the movie on DVD for the same price. Go figure.