IGNORED

Need Sega 32X rarity info...

DamienC

I have a Sega 32x and about 10 games for it. I never play it, so I figured I could sell it and the games and get a decent chunk of cash for them (to buy Atari 7800 games, of course :P). Anyway, before I get rid of them I'd like to get an idea of how rare each of my carts is and what a reasonable price would be to ask for them. Can anyone help? Here are the carts & accessories I have (all carts have box & manual unless stated otherwise):

32X system (with all cables required to hook up to a Genesis 2)

Zaxxon's Motherbase 2000

Metal Head

Virtua Fighter

NFL Quarterback Club

Knuckles Chaotix (cart only)

Mortal Kombat II

Doom

Cosmic Carnage

After Burner

Golf Magazine Presents 36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples

Virtua Racing

I happen to be in the market for the 32x as I just picked up a Genesis for that very reason, although, I think you may be disappointed in what you'll get for it, or what I'm willing to pay...I've seen the 32x go for about $15-25 dollars, i know I can still get it for that online, so I won't pay more. As far as games go, I've know idea about "rarity," but I don't think it's considered rare because very few people are interested in the system or games so they sell for dirt cheap. I was planning on driving to this game shop about 2 hours from where I live to get mine, as they have the 32x for $20 and EVERY game that came out for it for less than $5, all new. So, that being said, I'll give you a generous (IMHO) offer of $40 for it all (shipping included), since you only have two games I'm interested in anyway; Virtua Racing and Metal Head. I don't give a rats *ss for any of the others you got. I want Star Wars, Shadow Squadron, the motor cross game and Calibrea other than the two you have I want. That's it. How did you manage NOT to get these great games (I've played them all), and stuck with all those dogs?!?!? :roll: I expect you think it's all worth more...you might do better piece-mealing it all out. :ponder:

Well, I KNEW it wasn't worth much... I mean, I didn't pay much for everything. I got the system and most of the games cheap from a friend, but I forget exactly what I gave him for it. I actually bought the system for the aforementioned Star Wars Arcade, Starfleet Academy, and a few others, but in the end I forgot about it and didn't feel like spending the time, effort and money to get those carts.

I'm tempted to take $40, but I think I can get a little more for everything on eBay. I know these are all mostly common carts, but I'm sure I can swindle someone. 8)

Well I used to have a Sega 32x and checked on ebay for games all the time. The conclusion I've come to is the 32x is worth about $15. Doom is the easiest game to find and can be bought for about a dollar. Also Virtua Fighter is a great game, but you don't get shit for it when selling it. I sold my 32x, but still have Virtua Fighter because I put it on Ebay 3 times and it didn't sell. Starting price of $1 every time.

The 32X systems are slowly rising in value. It used to be that you could get a system and five games for $25.00. Now, you're looking at about $35.00.

You ended up with most of the common games for the system. The only slightly sought-after titles are After Burner, Knuckles Chaotix and Zaxxon's Motherbase. Having said that, those titles will fetch at most $10.00 apiece.

If you'd like to trade for some stuff at the GOAT Store, I'd be willing to work something out with you :)

You ended up with most of the common games for the system.  The only slightly sought-after titles are After Burner, Knuckles Chaotix and Zaxxon's Motherbase.  Having said that, those titles will fetch at most $10.00 apiece.

If you'd like to trade for some stuff at the GOAT Store, I'd be willing to work something out with you  :)

erm dont forget about Spiderman ;) here is an example of what they can go for most of the time http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1365784777