IGNORED

Funny, but mean idea.

SINGLE TOOTH

Aren't all the units that are in existance already trashed or thrifted? How much of the junk is left to go around?? Emulation is the way to go!

So I'm assuming you're one of those brainless idiots we see on YouTube smashing 2600s with a hammer?

i can't believe people even do that,

i look at the video

im like what if i hit you with a hammer how would you feel

*would love to try it* lol

:D

I thought of a cruel and funny joke to pull.

OK, here's how it goes. Take a few repro Air Raid, Chase the Chuckwagons, Tooth Protectors, or what-have-yous, and donate them to a thrift store. Put a little identification mark on the label, and see what happens.

It would be funny to see someone get exited about finding these rare games at a thrift, but not too funny if someone actually bought them from the guy for a profit and loose money.....

I would never do it, but its fun to think about.

That's not much fun. What is much more fun is to create your own simple game, with an easter egg in it, and some ASCII text in the ROM too. When someone gushes over finding it, tell them to try the combo which triggers the easter egg. This is even better if you want to prank a specific collector and know which stores he goes to, in which case you can put his name into the easter egg.

Yes, I had actually considered this in the past, even though there was no way I would go to the effort of traveling to whatever city M*k* N*v*k (someone who annoyed just about everyone on r.g.v.c) lived in at the time.

Also, don't donate them to the thrift, because that gives too much chance for them to get ebay-ed or simply thrown out. It shouldn't be too hard to fake the pricing/packaging of a particular thrift store, and do some "shopdropping" (as opposed to shoplifting). And be sure to find an old mechanical typewriter to create a fake "prototype" label, preferably with a name of a game which was only a rumor, and a date like 4/1/84.