IGNORED

Several golden video gaming nuggets for sale on eBay (ROUND TWO)

k8track

I have several auctions on eBay right now:

1. Congo Bongo for Intellivision (loose)

2. NES Flintstones Surprise on Dinosaur Peak (loose)

3. Chase the Chuckwagon (loose)

4. NES toploader with dogbone controller (loose)

5. Megaman 4 for NES (complete)

6. Megaman 5 for NES (complete)

7. Snow Bros. for NES (cart and box)

8. Starpath Rabbit Transit (sealed)

9. Starpath The Official Frogger by Sega (sealed)

10. Super 8 Converter for SNES (in box)

11. Lot of 6 Starpath Supercharger games (complete)

12. Crazy Climber for Atari 2600 (w/instructions)

13. Quadrun for Atari 2600 (complete)

14. TG-16 TurboBooster Plus (loose)

15. TurboGrafx-16 system (complete)

16. Beeshu Joystick for TG-16 (in box)

17. TG-16 five-game lot (in jewelcases w/instructions)

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZk8track

They will end one week from tonight, on Sunday, August 26th. Please note that these auctions are Paypal and U.S. only. I do apologize to my non-Paypal, Canadian, and other international friends, but for this first salvo of auctions (there will be more in the coming weeks), it is extremely important that I receive payment in a very timely fashion.

Also FYI, I've already gotten an email asking me if I'd end one early, and my answer is no, I won't end any of my auctions early--sorry.

Edited by k8track

You say you need payment immediately ,but with Paypal payment is immediately even from people overseas,theres no delays,i would love to bid on some stuff you have ..maybe next time.

My apologies; I wanted to keep it simple this time around (especially with the customs forms). You're right about Paypal, of course; but I was thinking, with non-U.S. bidders, it would take extra time to go to the post office and figure out the shipping to a different country, then contact the buyer again, and I didn't want to deal with the hassle.

But your response is causing me to rethink that, and delving deeper into the US Post office website, I see comprehensive shipping rate information for each country, so that would save me time and trouble right there. Actually, there's not much reason to not ship to another country, as long as the winning bidder could pay with Paypal. I think I might go back in the next day or so and lift that bidding restriction (will eBay let me do that?).

I think you can try it,but if you cant change it i am still able to put a bid in even if it doesnt allow my country.

You sure? I just tried and found I couldn't on an item... he's set the country restriction in the auction definition.

[Actually, there's not much reason to not ship to another country...

Well, except packages getting lost and stolen constantly, or foreign buyers claiming that they were and filing claims/chargebacks, no, there's no reason. :roll:

Truthfully, it depends on the country. I wouldn't ship anything to Italy, Spain, or anywhere in South America/Southeast Asia. Other than that, you should be okay (Canada, UK, Scandinavia, Oz). It might be a better idea to just allow certain foreign bidders if they are trusted members of this site (if that is possible).

[Actually, there's not much reason to not ship to another country...

Well, except packages getting lost and stolen constantly, or foreign buyers claiming that they were and filing claims/chargebacks, no, there's no reason. :roll:

Truthfully, it depends on the country. I wouldn't ship anything to Italy, Spain, or anywhere in South America/Southeast Asia. Other than that, you should be okay (Canada, UK, Scandinavia, Oz). It might be a better idea to just allow certain foreign bidders if they are trusted members of this site (if that is possible).

I've heard anecdotal "horror stories" about dealing with some countries, but have never personally experienced any problems. Have you had problems? If so, please give us a few examples.

I've heard anecdotal "horror stories" about dealing with some countries, but have never personally experienced any problems. Have you had problems? If so, please give us a few examples.

Let's see...I've bought things from Australia, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan that never arrived...I've had buyers in Spain, Italy, Hungary, and Australia claim that their items never arrived. I've never shipped anything to South America and won't do so based on what I've heard from others. Ask Albert about South America...if I'm not mistaken, the AtariAge store won't ship there anymore unless Al knows you, due to him having too many problems with lost shipments.

You've never had problems? Good for you. Personally, there's no way in hell I'd ship a boxed Quadrun or anything of that kind of value overseas. There's just too much risk, unless you know the person you're shipping to...and even if you do, there's a lot of theft with international shipments. Part of the problem of course is the fact that you have to fill out a customs form...isn't it nice that everyone who comes into contact with your package knows exactly what's inside? Even moreso if you insure it, then they know it's something valuable. Of course, you could always be overly general or lie about the item on the customs form, right? Wrong...if you're overly general that will only give customs officials more of a reason to open it, and of course if you lie about an item, you risk confiscation.

Does all this mean that people should never ship internationally? No, of course not...but there's certain items that I wouldn't ship and certain countries I wouldn't ship to. But that's just me.

Let's see...I've bought things from Australia, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan that never arrived...I've had buyers in Spain, Italy, Hungary, and Australia claim that their items never arrived. I've never shipped anything to South America and won't do so based on what I've heard from others. Ask Albert about South America...if I'm not mistaken, the AtariAge store won't ship there anymore unless Al knows you, due to him having too many problems with lost shipments.

You've never had problems? Good for you. Personally, there's no way in hell I'd ship a boxed Quadrun or anything of that kind of value overseas. There's just too much risk, unless you know the person you're shipping to...and even if you do, there's a lot of theft with international shipments. Part of the problem of course is the fact that you have to fill out a customs form...isn't it nice that everyone who comes into contact with your package knows exactly what's inside? Even moreso if you insure it, then they know it's something valuable. Of course, you could always be overly general or lie about the item on the customs form, right? Wrong...if you're overly general that will only give customs officials more of a reason to open it, and of course if you lie about an item, you risk confiscation.

Does all this mean that people should never ship internationally? No, of course not...but there's certain items that I wouldn't ship and certain countries I wouldn't ship to. But that's just me.

I think you are just plain unlucky,i have brought around 100 item from overseas and they have ALL arrived safely,just ask some trusted members on this site.

Damn sorry to hear you've had so many problems. Honestly, I've been buying and selling on eBay since the 90's and can't recall a single problem with any overseas transaction (including several to Italy and Mexico), though I can certainly understand the potential for fraud. However, the same can be said of US transactions, right?

I've personally always shipped with DC and have never had anyone claim they didn't receive something. Conversely, I *have* had problems over the years with sellers who claimed to have shipped but I never received it... and what a shock, they didn't have any delivery records at all and usually ignored my emails. Sellers like that are Teh Suk!! :roll:

So, what's my point? i dunno lol. I don't know if you or Al can do anything differently to minimize the overseas problems, and it could just be that I've been extremely lucky. Knock on wood... :D

Edited by bytor

I really hated excluding overseas members and I've had some second thoughts about my listings. I've bought a lot of stuff internationally myself, and I bought a few things from the U.S. when I was living in Korea. But I've hardly sold anything in the past, so my selling experience is limited and I wanted to minimize any risks.

I decided I wanted to go back and include bidders from Canada, UK, Germany, and Australia. Unfortunately, it appears that I can't change that option once any auction has been bid on, and most of them have been. If I can't change all of them, then I don't want to change only 2 or 3.

I don't understand eBay's rationale for not allowing me to change that particular option once an item has been bid on. Does anyone have any insight?

In the meantime, I once again apologize to any interested person outside of the U.S. for excluding them this time around (next time I'll be more inclusive) and hope that I didn't appear to be a Nervous Nellie or Xenophobic Xerxes. I know that I get frustrated when there's something I want to buy in another country and can't (e.g. I wanted to buy some licorice and treacle toffees from a place in the UK but they wouldn't ship to the U.S.).

I really hated excluding overseas members and I've had some second thoughts about my listings. I've bought a lot of stuff internationally myself, and I bought a few things from the U.S. when I was living in Korea. But I've hardly sold anything in the past, so my selling experience is limited and I wanted to minimize any risks.

I decided I wanted to go back and include bidders from Canada, UK, Germany, and Australia. Unfortunately, it appears that I can't change that option once any auction has been bid on, and most of them have been. If I can't change all of them, then I don't want to change only 2 or 3.

I don't understand eBay's rationale for not allowing me to change that particular option once an item has been bid on. Does anyone have any insight?

In the meantime, I once again apologize to any interested person outside of the U.S. for excluding them this time around (next time I'll be more inclusive) and hope that I didn't appear to be a Nervous Nellie or Xenophobic Xerxes. I know that I get frustrated when there's something I want to buy in another country and can't (e.g. I wanted to buy some licorice and treacle toffees from a place in the UK but they wouldn't ship to the U.S.).

It doesnt matter like i said before i can still bid on and win an item from you :)

Another option would be to put foreign bidders who ask you, onto your pre-approved bidders list. This allows them to bypass the country restrictions. You could even add a note to the items mentioning this option (or not, if you only want to allow foreign bidders who are AA members.)

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Holy dear mother of crap. I just realized I had made a typo (twice!) and misspelled "Surprise" on my Flintstones auction. This is incredibly ironic as I am an English teacher and am a stickler for spelling; doubly so because I typed everything up in a Word document and carefully proofread it beforehand (should've used spellchecker). I think I will end that one early and relist it with the correct spelling. And the one time where correct spelling is the most important. I might as well have spelled my Quadrun auction as "Kwaadruhn".

I have ended the Flintstones SADP auction early and have relisted it with the corrected spelling; it will start again tonight and be a 5-day auction, ending at the same time as the others.

CPUWiz, thanks for the heads up. In your opinion, would that other Quadrun auction cause me to lose out on a big time amount of money? I just can't believe that another one would appear right after I posted mine. This is going to make it look like boxed Quadruns pop up on eBay all the time, like mushrooms after a spring rain.

I've discovered that I can't change the ship-to options on auctions that have bids on them; what I am able to do is lift the restriction of non-U.S. people of not being able to bid on my auctions, allowing anyone from anywhere to bid on them. I wouldn't be able to limit the regions. I am leaning toward doing this so I could be more inclusive (I've already changed it for the relisted SADP cart). I'd appreciate any input before I went ahead and did that, maybe later this evening.

Thanks for all the help; I'm learning a lot about the selling side of eBay.

This is going to make it look like boxed Quadruns pop up on eBay all the time, like mushrooms after a spring rain.

Actually, I think this is the fourth or fifth boxed Quadrun to pop up in the past 6-8 months.

Are people all of a sudden deciding to cash out or is it just the law of averages, I wonder?

By the way, did you find that PS1 paddle controller?

• 2 weeks later...

ROUND TWO.

I just put these auctions up on eBay:

1. Magnavox Odyssey complete, with carrying case, rifle, Baseball, and Invasion

2. CIB Tigervision Espial for Atari 2600

3. Atari Stunt Cycle dedicated console

4. Namco Galaxian 3 for Sony Playstation (Japanese import)

5. Atari Lynx (system 2) w/8 games, incl. Klax, Gauntlet

6. NES toploader (no dogbone)

7. Atari 7800 AC Adapter Power Supply

8. Complete Aladdin Game Enhancer and 7-game set for NES

9. CIB Fairchild Channel F Alien Invasion Videocart 26

10. CIB Fairchild Channel F Pro Football Videocart 24 complete

11. Fairchild Channel F Bowling Videocart 21 with box

12. Fairchild Channel F 10-game lot with boxes

13. Parasol Stars for the TurboGrafx-16 System

14. Devil’s Crush for the TurboGrafx-16 System

15. Galaga ‘90 for the TurboGrafx system

16. Nintendo e-Reader, Mario Party-e, and many cards (Animal Crossing, classic NES, et. al.)

and one non-video game item:

17. Newfield Star Trek binders, nearly complete

Look here: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZk8track

Any questions, just ask.

ROUND TWO.

I just put these auctions up on eBay:

1. Magnavox Odyssey complete, with carrying case, rifle, Baseball, and Invasion

2. CIB Tigervision Espial for Atari 2600

3. Atari Stunt Cycle dedicated console

4. Namco Galaxian 3 for Sony Playstation (Japanese import)

5. Atari Lynx (system 2) w/8 games, incl. Klax, Gauntlet

6. NES toploader (no dogbone)

7. Atari 7800 AC Adapter Power Supply

8. Complete Aladdin Game Enhancer and 7-game set for NES

9. CIB Fairchild Channel F Alien Invasion Videocart 26

10. CIB Fairchild Channel F Pro Football Videocart 24 complete

11. Fairchild Channel F Bowling Videocart 21 with box

12. Fairchild Channel F 10-game lot with boxes

13. Parasol Stars for the TurboGrafx-16 System

14. Devil’s Crush for the TurboGrafx-16 System

15. Galaga ‘90 for the TurboGrafx system

16. Nintendo e-Reader, Mario Party-e, and many cards (Animal Crossing, classic NES, et. al.)

and one non-video game item:

17. Newfield Star Trek binders, nearly complete

Look here: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZk8track

Any questions, just ask.

only if i had the money

plus you ship US only

i live in Canada,

The exception with me was if i had the money

:)

you can ship it to border,

and id pickup

( i live 30 minutes from border line of canada and US)

:D

isnt that neat

god i wish i did have cash tht odyssey be goneeeeee

i hope another one comes up

great auctions u got going ;]