IGNORED

Big Brain Academy

moycon

Finally snagged a copy of the off Amazon a couple weeks back for a decent price ($34.99 New)

We have been playing it daily since. If you have a partner (wife, GF, kids) this is a decent and simple game to get.

Granted it's not the deepest gameplay in the world and the graphics aren't much of an improvement over the DS version, but all the mini tests are different than the DS version so if you already have it and enjoy it, you will probably like the Wii version as well.

We generally, plug it in. each take a turn at the test, and then the winner makes fun of the loser. (I haven't been made fun of....yet)

All in all maybe takes up 15 minutes. This is perfect for parties or family get togethers. It's another game that pretty much anyone can pick up and give it a go after watching for a couple minutes.

Anyone else have this game and enjoy it?

The DS version is very good too. They each have unique games in similar catagories (maybe even the same catagories)

We did play the hell out of the DS version, and then I guess we both got bored with it. I suspect the Wii version will get old after awhile, but like I said, if you just take a small dose here and there, it can be enjoyable and it's a good game for when the non-gamers come to the house....but yeah it's another one of those.

For what it worth, Big Brain is considerably than Brain Age on the DS IMO. There aren't any of those annoying tests that involve actually writing, which would be cool if the GD DS knew WTF you were writing!!! :x

Have not grabbed thi title yet. I liked the first Brain Age title on the DS (Sudoku was a nice bonus!) and I like the idea of a Wii version on the big screen.

I can see the enjoyment people would have with this in a get together environment. Perhaps this is the title that hooks the wife. It's no Animal Crossing but it may get her playing. (Closest so far was some Rayman mini-game... she wanted to give it a shot when I was playing it)

I like the idea of getting to compare scores with other friends online. Looking forward to trying that feature out myself.

BBA on the ds was one of my favorite games for a while.. It took me a while but I managed to get an A+ in the test and platinum on a majority of the events. Eventually, I got an "Ace" rating as well. Funnily enough, once you stop playing it you lose it.. as I can barely scrape a B rating these days when I pick it up and play now and then :lol:

I have yet to get the Wii version, but it's always on the back of my mind as an 'eventual' get. So it'll happen inevitably.

The DS version is very good too. They each have unique games in similar catagories (maybe even the same catagories)

We did play the hell out of the DS version, and then I guess we both got bored with it. I suspect the Wii version will get old after awhile, but like I said, if you just take a small dose here and there, it can be enjoyable and it's a good game for when the non-gamers come to the house....but yeah it's another one of those.

For what it worth, Big Brain is considerably than Brain Age on the DS IMO. There aren't any of those annoying tests that involve actually writing, which would be cool if the GD DS knew WTF you were writing!!! :x

Don't forget the voice recognition in the first Brain Age... black and blue... argh!!

Don't forget the voice recognition in the first Brain Age... black and blue... argh!!

Blue? You mean "baroow" :P

But seriously.. Brain Age blows. It cant recognize any friggin letters. It can't recognize what I say. It aint fun.

Big Brain Academy is where it's at :D

Blue? You mean "baroow" :P

But seriously.. Brain Age blows. It cant recognize any friggin letters. It can't recognize what I say. It aint fun.

Big Brain Academy is where it's at :D

I'll give the Wii version a play through... the one thing that pissed me off was the price. The DS titles are $20 each and the Wii version is $50. What gives? Is there that much more to the Wii version to justify the extra cost? I suppose they added the online element.

I'll give the Wii version a play through... the one thing that pissed me off was the price. The DS titles are $20 each and the Wii version is $50. What gives? Is there that much more to the Wii version to justify the extra cost? I suppose they added the online element.

No it aint worth $50, That's why I waited for the drop. I originally said $30 but then Amazon one day was selling it for $34.99 new (They do that sometimes, for instance yesterday Meet the Robinson's for the 360 was $16.99!!! Just out of the blue.) There is no online element, unless you consider being able to see a friends rating from your console a selling point...I don't.

Now if I could play against say my brother in Ohio, that would be different, but as far as I know...you cannot.