IGNORED

multisprite player1y problem

atari2600land

Why is it that in the multisprite kernel, when player0 is standing still, and player1-5 goes downwards or upwards (let's say it's player1 for this purpose), when player1y gets to player0y, player1x moves a couple pixels to the right, and once it passes player0y, goes back to where it was? Is there a way to stop this?

Why is it that in the multisprite kernel, when player0 is standing still, and player1-5 goes downwards or upwards (let's say it's player1 for this purpose), when player1y gets to player0y, player1x moves a couple pixels to the right, and once it passes player0y, goes back to where it was? Is there a way to stop this?

That might happen if pfheight is set to zero but otherwise it shouldn't happen. If pfheight isn't zero, try posting a binary and maybe we can track down the problem.

pfheight=3 in everything. Here's a .bas file of the problem (which is the current most up-to-date version of GoSub 2, BTW). It occurs in both the main game (bank1) and the minigame (bank2)

Looks like a page-wrapping issue in the kernel. I don't remember encountering the bug or fixing it, but I am pretty sure it doesn't occur in the latest version of the kernel on my hard drive. Here is the latest I have.

msk.zip

Looks like a page-wrapping issue in the kernel. I don't remember encountering the bug or fixing it, but I am pretty sure it doesn't occur in the latest version of the kernel on my hard drive. Here is the latest I have.

When I run the .BIN that Chris posted, I see the error. But when I compile his code myself and run it, the error doesn't occur. I know I'd gotten a newer version of the kernel from you a while back (to fix a different player display issue that was caused by a page crossing. Chris, download the new kernel that Fred posted, put it in the same directory as all your other bB include files, and recompile your game. That should fix the problem.

Michael