IGNORED

7800 Joysticks???

MacGurl

Does anyone else have problems with their 7800 joysticks? We thought the one we had was just a piece of crap..but we got a new one and it's not much better.

It seems to get "stuck" sometimes..and if you control the joystick to the right, it'll go down or to the left occasionally.

It's very frustrating.

Okay...do these sticks also do this for player 2 if you play a 2 player game? It could be there is a problem with the 7800 or the port for player 1 on the 7800. I myself have had to resolder my joystick ports before simply from wear and tear of plugging in the controllers and taking them back off...

Just a thought. I have several pairs of 7800 prolines and I can't say I have seen the problems you describe with any of them. Only problem I have seen with the 7800 prolines is that I have had the fire buttons get stuck in the down position before..and this required me to have to dissect the stick...undo the tape holding the metal disc in place..and either replace it or pop it back into shape...

:?

Hi,

I've seen the same problems-- I think. I've had it where if you move the stick around in a circular motion, sometimes it gets stuck in the "last" state. So, if moving from down to left, it stays pressing down. It's basically the pick of the joystick you get. Sometimes you get a dud. I once got a 7800 controller brand new that had the buttons reversed...

Thanks,

-John K. Harvey

Okay...do these sticks also do this for player 2 if you play a 2 player game?  It could be there is a problem with the 7800 or the port for player 1 on the 7800.  I myself have had to resolder my joystick ports before simply from wear and tear of plugging in the controllers and taking them back off...

Just a thought.  I have several pairs of 7800 prolines and I can't say I have seen the problems you describe with any of them.  Only problem I have seen with the 7800 prolines is that I have had the fire buttons get stuck in the down position before..and this required me to have to dissect the stick...undo the tape holding the metal disc in place..and either replace it or pop it back into shape...

:?

Thanks for the tip...I will check it out and see.