IGNORED

? on using S.I.M.I.S. as a BLL cart

glitch

I was hoping someone could answer this for me. I've been working on a Lynx game and it works great in Handy but I actually wanted to see it in operation on my Lynx. I recently picked up a S.I.M.I.S. cart and read that it has the BLL functions built into it. I downloaded the send_obj program and am in the process of making a PC-Lynx cable (just waiting for shipment of the Max 232 Duel RS232 Transiever). I was wondering if there is anything I have to do on the Lynx side to set it up to recieve the program or does it do it automatically? Once it is loaded into the BLL's memory do I have to do anything special to start it? I'm sure this is info I can figure out once I have the cable complete but I'm too curious to wait.

TIA

Matt

=================================

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?

BLL is active at the SIMIS title screen (and incidentally, at the Championship Rally "Tournament" screen). It will automatically detect and receive the download, and start execution immediately after download.

I hope to have more Lynx cables in stock *someday*, just never seem to find time to get them made.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

i am wondering. when you load a game into the cart. does it stay there untell you erease it?

Correct. But unfortunatley you are erasing it when you turn your Lynx off,

because it's loaded into the RAM of the Lynx and not into FLASH or EEPROM.

or do you have to load it everytime you turn the lynx on?

Yes.

Matthias

Anyone ever do the RSA header for S.I.M.I.S.? Can I burn it to an eprom?

How big is it anyways? One megabit would be puuuurrrrr-fect (that was me imitating a cat, which is as close to a Lynx imitation as I can do)

How about buying it?

The autors still sell them!!!

Tschau,

Sage