IGNORED

Favorite GameCube games?

MacGurl

For those of you that have GameCube's--what are your favorite games?  What games would you recommend people not waste their money on?

My Favorite by far is "Super Monkey Ball" by SEGA. I would stay FAR FAR away from "Smash Driving" by NAMCO. I wasted $50 on that POS. I gave it to a friend because his kid liked it.

Pac Man World 2 isn't too bad, but the camera work on it sucks sometimes. Sometimes you wind up looking at a tree instead of your character with no way of adjusting the camera. Other than that, I like it.

Lugi's Mansion is a great title and probably my second favorite so far on the GC. It's kind of short and not much replay value after you complete it, AND it has some annoying issues, but never the less it's still a great game.

The annoying issue is that when you are fighting the last "Boss" character, if you die, you have to go through the whole cinematic display again, and again, and again...

My Favorite by far is "Super Monkey Ball" by SEGA.  I would stay FAR FAR away from "Smash Driving" by NAMCO.   I wasted $50 on that POS.  I gave it to a friend because his kid liked it.

Pac Man World 2 isn't too bad, but the camera work on it sucks sometimes.  Sometimes you wind up looking at a tree instead of your character with no way of adjusting the camera.  Other than that, I like it.

Smashing Drive is terrible, it wasn't actually done by us, it's an arcade port that was done out of house. It was hard for them to port it because all of it was coded in Spain and they couldn't read the comments in the code.

Thanks on the somewhat positive comment about PMW2, the camera is kinda sucky because the camera programmer quit 3 months before the end of the project (bastard).

:)

I havent played PMW yet so I can't comment on that but I'm glad Namco are involved in the Gamecube and I can't wait for the real stuff.

If Ridge Racer next (or whatever it's called today) is one half the game that Ridge Racer 4 was, then it'll be my favourite game of all time.

As it stands, Rogue Leader still more or less does it for me. I haven't found much to really fire my imagination since (I never believed a Star Wars game would be my favourite:)). Metroid Prime looks fun.

As for games to avoid, although a lot of other people liked it, I LOATHED Wave Race: Blue Storm. SO frustrating! I get the feeling with some Nintendo games that they think making you lose time and time again is some kind of gameplay feature.

One game I enjoy, is Bloddy Roar: Primal Fury. If u like games like street fighter and tekken, you should like this one. A game you shouldn't waste your money on, is Spy Hunter, it sucks pretty bad, also the graphics are not all that. Another game I didn't enjoy playing is Super Smash Bros. Melee, well I liked it, but it gets boring really really quick.

Too many games and not enough time to play them.

We have the following at my house:

All Star Baseball 2002 - Haven't played yet

Bloody Roar - Average, it's not Tekken

Burnout - Awesome but I play it on XBox

Eternal Darkness - So far so good

Legends of Wrestling - Nostalgic, better than I expected

Luigi's Mansion - This title doesn't interest me

Pikmin - Nor does this one but I've been told I'd like it

Resident Evil - prefer Eternal Darkness so far

Spy Hunter - Haven't played yet

SSX Tricky - Awesome

Star Wars - Good

Super Monkey Ball - Awesome

Super Smash Bros - Not for me

Waverace - Average

Wrestlemania X8 - Haven't played yet

Most looking forward to Metroid and Godzilla.

I played Wrestlemania X8 tonight. Started with Booker T vs RVD. I was annoyed that Booker's music is wrong. Good match. RVD nailed all his normal high spots... all but one that is. He missed the frogsplash. I lifted him up still dazed and nailed the axe kick and covered for the 1-2-3.

Then I played Stephanie McMahon against Tazz. I nailed a pedigree and got a long two. Then Tazz threw me to the outside and suplexed the hell outta me. I made it back to the ring but was weak and lost.

Then I played a few matches as Faarooq. I couldn't figure out how to do the one move where he throws them down on his back. Won a couple. Lost a couple. Lance Storm tried bringing an object into the ring. I kicked it out of his hands and it bent, LOL.

Anyway, it's pretty fun if you like WWE. Also of note for fans is that this will be the last WWF title (WWE from now on) and also will be the last chance to play Scott Hall in a current-roster mainstream wrestling title.

I also played Spy Hunter. I don't see what is so bad about this game. I like it. I used to play the original in the arcade all the time..... do I have the Spy Hunter Mame? Ok, now I gotta go look. I played to the forth level and got blown up. It's fun.

As for games to avoid, although a lot of other people liked it, I LOATHED Wave Race: Blue Storm. SO frustrating! I get the feeling with some Nintendo games that they think making you lose time and time again is some kind of gameplay feature.

I was also really disappointed with Wave Race: Blue Storm at first, as the controls just didn't feel right. However, if you stick at it, it does get a lot better, and I now like the game almost as much as the awesome N64 original.

Super Monkey Ball is the best Gamecube game I've played so far, especially once you've opened up the mini games (the fighting and bowling games are excellent in multiplayer). Burnout is also a fun title.

Cheers

Jon

I really like Super Monkey Ball,and it's only $30 new.Also Resident evil,Eternal Darkness,and Smash Bros. are really good.Also if you can find it cheap,Bomberman Generation is a great multiplayer game.The single play game is ok but multiplayer is what you buy it for.Also I have many GameCube reviews on my site.Hope this helps! :ponder: :D 8)