IGNORED

Atari 2600 JR question

Rick

I was going through my Atari collection when I found an Atari 2600 Jr with a label from Irland on it. Everything about the system is the same as the ones released in America, except the serial label. It says "Manufactured for Atari, INC., By Atari Ireland, LTD., in Ireland. Model no. cx-2600 Covered by U.S. patent number 4,112,422 other patents, and patents pending. S.N.#304 A1 0031015. All the others I have say "made in Taiwan" on the serial label and stamped on the case. I don't know if someone took the botton case and put it on a Taiwan unit, or if or if this is how it was made, because I thought the Ireland 2600's had a black rainbow bar, not a silver one. Most likely the botton was switched, but I wanted to see what you thought.

The Juniors from Ireland generally consisted of, as you rightly said, the black short rainbow unit, and also a silver bar unit with a short rainbow.

It's conceivable that they might have made some long rainbow version as well, but I haven't seen any.