IGNORED

New 2600 game in progress.

Chadivision

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am in the very early stages of developing a new game for the Atari 2600. It is called "Cyclostar". It's a lot like Cosmic Ark, but the game play will have several new elements. So far I have about half of the kernal done. I have also worked all of the bugs out of my horizontal positioning routine (finally!). I'll try to keep you updated on my progress.

-Chad Lare

I plan on making cartridges at some point. I am not much of a graphic artist, so I think that my two options are a label contest or stick figure art. I think I'll go with the label contest.

I have never tried making a cartridge before, but I have read some of the stuff on HozerGames.com. If anyone out there has an idea of the production cost per unit including labels and instructions, I would appreciate your input. Right now I'm testing the game using a Cuttle Cart (which is awesome, by the way), so I know it will run OK on the VCS. I've found that the emulators are a little more forgiving than the actual machine.

-Chad

I got some work done on Cyclostar this weekend. It's kind of hard to tell how close I am to finishing it, since this is my first game. I would say that the display code (everything except the code in between frames) for the first scene is a little over half done, but depending on how much space I have left, I will probably add a few more scenes. Cosmic Ark had the space scene and the planet scene. I want to make three different scenes, but it all depends on how much I can fit into 4K of ROM and 128 bytes of RAM. When I get around to it I'll probably make a website for showing the progress of the game.

Chad