IGNORED

2600 joystick button

sloromon

ok, this is a stupid question i'm sure, but i'm new here and you guys seem to be EXTREMELY knowledgable (sp?) anyways, i just bought myself a 2600 off of ebay (my first since i got rid of my woodie in 1990 along with some 120 games STUPID!!). my question is-

the joystick button is sloppy, it doesn't stick up like it should. is there some sort of spring missing? i opened it up, and the button sits flush on the board, which doesn't seem right. there's no way to fire it.

if i'm missing a part, could you guys suggest somewhere to get one?

thanks so much!

jon

post-15383-1188316965_thumb.jpg

post-15383-1188316988_thumb.jpg

post-15383-1188317013_thumb.jpg

Yep, it's missing a little, itty-bitty spring that goes on the bottom of the button. If you're feeling particularly handy, you could probably destroy a pen and cut its spring down to size. This won't be perfect (a pen spring is too stiff) but if you do it right, it should be usable :)

If you really want to get the exact spring, you might try contacting Best Electronics about ordering a replacement. If you do, be prepared to order more stuff as they have a minimum purchase (not that meeting the minimum is very hard - they have a ton of great products to choose from :) ) http://www.best-electronics-ca.com

EDIT: and PLEASE unwrap that cord from around the joystick - it's killing me to look at that picture. You're going to break those wires inside that poor cord in no time flat! :) (sorry, it just drives me nuts when people do that)

Edited by atariman