IGNORED

Sensor Bar issues and what can replace it

Lauren Tyler

Last night I finally rented Mario Strikers Charged, only to find my Wiimote wasn't being sensed by the sensor bar. I know I can get another one for $10.00 from Nintendo's website, or a wireless one for $20 in stores, but I don't have the money right now. I know there are alternatives, but I don't have two flashlights, and two candles would be a fire hazard.

I've heard that using a remote control to replace it will work, but I don't know how I'd have to set it up. I'd like to know soon, though, so I don't have to realize I wasted $7 on a game I can't play!

Well..using a remote control only works if you can somehow have two of them about a foot apart and have them constantly having buttons pressed making the IR emitter on the remotes shine their IR LED.

Are you SURE it is the sensor bar that isn't working and perhaps isn't a problem with the remote itself? Can you go into the Wii settings and look at the sensitivity and be sure the remote can or cannot see the IR bar at all?

How did you check for them? My digital camera is able to show them in photos and in the LCD viewer I can see them. If the sensor bar isn't lighting up then check the cabling for any breaks etc. If you don't find any, then the problem could be the Wii itself. But I think you can actually wire up a 9-volt battery to the bar and get the IR lights to come on.

But the Sensor bar is only used to provide two points of IR lighting for the Remotes camera to see. The functions you described as working being the - and + buttons and such use the Bluetooth signals and do not use the IR functions at all to work.

Use candles. It works perfect. Space the candles apart the same distance as the sensor bar and light them up. Done.

EDIT: I know this works first hand as I had to do it for a week when my cat chewed threw my sensor cord and I had to mail order a new one :lol: Damn cat :x :roll: :P

Edited by Shawn Sr.