IGNORED

Ok i got a Dreamcast so now what?

jboypacman

Super Runabout get's really slated. It does seem a little low quality in how it's been put together, but I genuinley think it's an honest fun game. And you'll go crazy trying to solve some of the riddles to unlock extra vehicles.

You can see video's for it here, http://uk.gamespot.com/search.html?type=11...+runabout#movie

Edited by Ross PK

If you like sports you oughta check out the 2k series. They actually originated on the dreamcast because EA refused to port their sports games to the DC. A little dated by today's standards, but fun non-the less. At least the basketball and hockey games.

If your getting the NES emulator setup I think you are, it's pretty nice! It has box-art and screen shots, etc. Pretty cool.

Dreamcast has some of the best 8-bit emulators out there. Not sure how far along ones like SNES and Genesis are though.

The NES and Colecovision emulators are great IMHO.

SNES is too slow. Genesis is pretty good.

Have you tried the web browser cd that you can get for it?? i wonder if it still works at all. I had the browser but never got a DC. All my friend's said it was their favorite :(

Nathan

I'll have to try that out. I haven't surfed the web with the DC for years (Not that I ever really did beyond testing that it could)

They still work. Just depends on how tech the web page is.

Have you tried the web browser cd that you can get for it?? i wonder if it still works at all. I had the browser but never got a DC. All my friend's said it was their favorite :(

Nathan

I'll have to try that out. I haven't surfed the web with the DC for years (Not that I ever really did beyond testing that it could)

They still work. Just depends on how tech the web page is.

And you will need a dialup connection, unless you have one of those DC broadband adapters.

Yup, but it was usually only for the earlier games, like Budokan. You can't play that one on a Model 2 Genny. It's really the only reason I keep a Model 1 around, so I can play those older EA games.

Keep telling yourself that. :)

Edited by SINGLE TOOTH

Alone In The Dark: The New Nightmare. Again, a Res. Evil styled game (and get Res. Evil Code Veronica while you're at it), with lots of scares and good gameplay.

That's a common misconception, Alone in the Dark came out first (1992, Wikipedia says). If you like The New Nightmare (AitD4), you should really check out the first three. It's kind of hard to get them running on PCs these days, but you might be able to run them in DOSBox. I can almost get #2 to run in VDMSound, but apparently it'll run better in DOSBox anyway, with the CPU cycles turned down. Haven't been able to get 3 to run yet (honestly, I haven't tried lately).

Yup, but it was usually only for the earlier games, like Budokan. You can't play that one on a Model 2 Genny. It's really the only reason I keep a Model 1 around, so I can play those older EA games.

What!

Please tell me that Road Rash 2 will work on a Gen 2. Game Hits had two copies of it, a short one and a tall one...I take it the short one is licensed? I might have to get that one, just to be on the safe side (if they still have both copies).

Oh, I know that AITD came out first, but most people know the term "Resident Evil style" game, so I used that when referring to any sort of survival horror game. Honestly, though, I never really liked the first AITD games very much. The controls were too clunky! I hated having to go into a menu and choose whether or not I was going to attack or do something else. Ugh. AITD may have been the game to start the whole "survival horror" theme, but Res. Evil is the game that defined it for most.

It was only the first batch of EA games that wouldn't work on the Genny 2, the later ones would actually work, as EA designed a chip that bypassed the lockout (I honestly can't remember if EA had been actually licensed by Sega at this point or not). Lost of people down on Budokan, but holy crap did I put some hours on that game. It's fun once you get the hang of the controls, and your sensei has some funny ass insults for you throughout the game.

Does anybody know how Dreamcast Daytona USA compares to the arcade version?

As good or better graphically. Control is very iffy even after tweaking it in options... Obviously fun factor isn't the same as racing people in the arcade...But graphically it kicks ass. Dreamcast graphics are very nice indeed. Very smooth. However, the DC never grew on me and I'm actually gonna sell mine... :|

There is an RC racing game for the DC. I forget the name at the moment, but the DC version was the best out of all consoles. Except for the occasional frame rate dip it was a lot of fun. It was made by ACKklaim, but still fun, non-the-less.

You're thinking of Re-Volt.

I'll second Demolition Racer. It's an awesome racing game.

Please tell me that Road Rash 2 will work on a Gen 2. Game Hits had two copies of it, a short one and a tall one...I take it the short one is licensed? I might have to get that one, just to be on the safe side (if they still have both copies).

There were some unlicensed games (by EA, I think, even though it was Accolade who had the famous lawsuit) which didn't have the lockout bypass code in them, but those won't work on most Genesis 1 consoles either.

So if the "tall one" is an EA cart, there's a chance it won't work, depending on the game.

I still haven't found a working Genesis 1 without TMSS (the "LICENSED BY SEGA" message during startup), and even ones with the rear EXT port can have the lockout. The TMSS code is in a 2K ROM built into one of the big ASIC chips, and I'm not sure if it is possible to disable it. A Game Genie might work to get around it, since the GG itself would already have disabled the lockout.

So if the "tall one" is an EA cart, there's a chance it won't work, depending on the game.

It works just fine. I figure, there's a Sega Seal of Quality (or whatever Sega calls them) on the box, it must be licensed. Could've got the short one to be safe, but it was more expensive, and wouldn't've fit in my box anyway.

Even people who aren't great at these types of games can have a blast playing SC.

I would even extend this to saying "ONLY people who aren't great at fighting games can have a blast playing SC."

I loved Soulblade/Edge, but i abhore all of the buttonsmashing Soulcaliburs. :x

Did someone mention REZ yet?

Edited by Steril707