IGNORED

How much would you pay for a reproduction 5200 carrying case box?

holygrailvideogames.com

A few months back a collector contacted me and offered to make a reproduction box for the 5200 carrying case? I am just curious as to what others would pay for the box. He quoted me a price (more than I personally want to pay at this time) but I am sure that a lot of work is involved.

Here are some pics that he sent me of his original box

post-44-1188409622_thumb.jpg

post-44-1188409645_thumb.jpg

A few months back a collector contacted me and offered to make a reproduction box for the 5200 carrying case? I am just curious as to what others would pay for the box. He quoted me a price (more than I personally want to pay at this time) but I am sure that a lot of work is involved.

Here are some pics that he sent me of his original box

A box for a box... hmm... :?:

Wow, a carrying case for the 5200... Why is it I think one of these could've become the Nuclear Football carried by the president?

With the carrying case by Atari, your Atari 5200 Super System is portable fun! You can take your Super System, a selection of your favorite games and the power supply on the road for fun any where there is a TV!*

* Persons with back ailments, heart problems, and pregnant women are urged not to attempt lifting a fully loaded Atari 5200 carrying case. If a tingling or numbing sensation occurs during use, drop the case and seek professional medical help immediately.

at least I'd only need to bring one cartridge with my carrying case since I have the AtariMax flash cart.

with all the extra space, you might be able to fit the wico sticks and keypads in there with your atarimax cart. :)

I also think there would be a lot more interest in a reproduction case than the box.. Problem is I think it would cost way too much to reproduce the case.