IGNORED

first and last 5200 game?

AtariKen64

Super Breakout, Missile Command, and Galaxian were the first games made (4/5/82), and Gremlins was the last. Gremlins was actually sent to manufacturing two days before the Tramiels took over and didn't hit shelves until 1986.

Tempest

I've always wondered about that...

I know that Atari directly sold 5200 merchandise (up until 1989 here from Atari Canada)

However, what I don't know is exactly how Atari killed the 5200. Obviously Tramiel 86'd it the second he walked in the door, but how exactly did the distribution dry up? And how did retailers react to a "new" cart (Gremlins) in '86?

Does anybody have a clue?

Cheers!

Joey

I don't know, but I believe the deal was that since Gremlins was all done and manufactured (Jack didn't even know that it had even been sent off to manufacturing or he would have stopped it) he was stuck with tons of boxed Gremlins carts that were ready to go so he released them. Atari did some minor distribution for the 5200 in 86, I have a few 86 5200 carts.

Tempest