IGNORED

Check out this goofy device

NE146

Was scanning some old magazines and came across this goofy cart selector.. Anyone around here have one of these? 'FESS UP! :lol: And the best part is, it was only $70 :P

gamex2.jpg

(edit) hmmm the image seems to be intermittent! Weird... lemme check it out

thats weird. those sorts ofthings usually only exist for dealers and  store displays. never seen one to be sold. also why all 3rd party games?

wonder if it has a uhf dial for 5200 games?

This sort thing was not really that unusual, devices like this where made by a couple different companies. I have one that holds 6 carts and has a button in front of each slot to select the game.

Dan

There was a company that made these kinds of things for the SNES and Genesis, and I believe they were planning on one for the Jaguar as well, although I'm not sure that one ever came out. I think they were called video game jukeboxes.

I never really saw much point to it though. It's not like it takes a huge amount of time to switch cartridges.

--Zero

There were a couple of those ads (first post above) in the earliest Electronic Games issues. I always looked at those and thought, "How lazy would you have to be..."

Of course, this was back when people wondered about the durability of the cartridge slot. One of the selling points of these things (theoretically) was that it would prevent wear'n'tear on Stella's private parts.

Like ALL things related to Atari, I wanted one back in '82. If I got one today, I would probably trade it for a few carts on my want list. :D

Incidentally, have you guys noticed how an emoticon can change the entire "usual" meaning of a sentence? Example:

Boy, I really f*cking want to kill my parents with a pick-axe. ;)

See? One little smiley completely distracts any readers from the meaning of the words! Imagine that sentence without the Winky. Here's another, with opposites:

I'm so full of love and peace that I think I'll go home and listen to Simon & Garfunkel and plant a tree! :x

It puts an entirely different spin on it.

Here's one's that you'll NEVER see:

During our intimate moments last night, my girlfriend was so loud during her climax that she woke up the neighors. :sad:

I found ANOTHER Crazy Climber at the flea market today. :mad:

Holy toledo, Batman! :spidey:

CF

Was scanning some old magazines and came across this goofy cart selector..

You know, the thing that really sells me on this cart selector is the analogue dial. I've seen ones with push buttons but the dial is just so late 70s / early 80s. I love it! 8)

The fake walnut finish is just incredible :lolblue:  

By the time you had fixed all that up it would have taken more time than to just swap carts the usual way.

Still, it would be a great collectors item 8)

My dad has a 77' CHevy Nova Rally with the same faux walnut finish on the interior trim. FAN-tastic! 8)