IGNORED

Atari 800 Windows XP emulation ?

Bountybob

I am trying to get an Atari 800 game emulator that will work on Windows XP and I hate to say I am struggling, all the emulators seem to be for Windows 95 and Windows 98 .I downloaded steem as I thought it supported the XL800.I can get ST games to work on it fine but not Atari 800.Is there any painless way to do it ?

Ok that's great and thanks for that.Now I will try and word this carefully

If someone was looking for a ROM such as Rescue on Fractalus to play on that emulator

might it be possible for that person to find it on the Internet for download.

I notice a Website called AtariMania.Is that a good website or not ?

Edited by Bountybob

Atarimania is a fantastic Atari 8 bit resource and has huge amounts of games, utilities and demos in ATR format, and even has a section with .ATX format games. Those are images of original protected disks that can be used with a patched version of Atari800Win PLus and the VAPI.DLL.

Atarimania is a fantastic Atari 8 bit resource and has huge amounts of games, utilities and demos in ATR format, and even has a section with .ATX format games. Those are images of original protected disks that can be used with a patched version of Atari800Win PLus and the VAPI.DLL.

Well I got the patched version and put the VAPI DLL in the same folder.I disabled the SIO patch and loaded in the ATX format image but the screen just goes blank.On start up It has a problem finding KAILLERACLIENT.DLL and ZLIB.DLL.

The non patched version doesn't have this problem.

On the non patched version ATR's don't work and the emulator crashes with a windows error when I try and attach a tape image.The GUI is not nice.I think it might be easier to look on eBay for an actual one.I might try and trade in my dusty Colecovision.

Edited by Bountybob