IGNORED

Need help opening a Colecovision!

theking21083

I just got a Colecovision a week ago and I was trying to open it so that I could mess around inside of it. I took out the 8 screws on the bottom but it seems to be attached at the front. Is their anything else that I need to do to open it up. I didn't want to just yank the cover off and break something. I would appriciate any help.

It is very hard the first time and I don't know how exactly to explain it...you just have to wiggle it around and get it just right. You have to pull toward you on the front of the casing a bit as you pull up in order to get the front of the top casing dislodged from the bottom piece. It's tricky, but with some patience you'll get it. Hope that helps.

This should help LINK TO PDF

{rant on}

I hate poorly formed documents like this where the text immediately under a picture doesn't pertain to that picture but the one on the following page. Especially in a case like this where there is little text, plenty of page space and no reason to be as such. Just an unnecessarily bad layout. I suspect it must have been one big html or something that was printed to PDF.

{rant off}