IGNORED

Fat Eddie

atari2600land

I'm trying to make a Fast Eddie clone. How am I doing so far, and how do I get the lives counter to work?

The multisprite kernel doesn't have any kernel options yet, so I don't think you can use the lives counter in a multisprite game.

OK. When I compiled it, it didn't give me an invalid combination message or any warning, so I had no idea why it wasn't working.

I'm trying to make a Fast Eddie clone. How am I doing so far, and how do I get the lives counter to work?

The multisprite kernel doesn't have any kernel options yet, so I don't think you can use the lives counter in a multisprite game.

OK. When I compiled it, it didn't give me an invalid combination message or any warning, so I had no idea why it wasn't working.

When you add it with an "include" statement, bB doesn't care, unless something about it conflicts with the other files that are automatically included (e.g., you can't say "include std_kernel.asm" in a game that uses the multisprite kernel, because the duplicate line labels in the two kernels will cause an error while compiling). But including the 6lives.asm file in your program won't give you a lives remaining display if the kernel doesn't execute the code in the 6lives.asm file-- and the multisprite kernel isn't designed to call that mini-kernel (yet).

Michael