IGNORED

S.K.O.B: Some kind of Bombjack (early WIP)

Steril707

OK, so this is my first entry for the level contest. I drew these by hand, but then I thought if I've already got them ready, I might as well scan them and post them here.

I've taken a look at the arcade screenshots and tried to create levels that resemble them in some way while keeping true to the limitations of your kernal. The bomb count on each level has been reduced from 24 to 18 since there are also fewer bomb positions than in the arcade (40 instead of 81).

The platforms and walls are represented by lines, and the bombs are represented by circles.

post-8393-1189603770_thumb.png

Edited by Kurt_Woloch

OK, so this is my first entry for the level contest. I drew these by hand, but then I thought if I've already got them ready, I might as well scan them and post them here.

I've taken a look at the arcade screenshots and tried to create levels that resemble them in some way while keeping true to the limitations of your kernal. The bomb count on each level has been reduced from 24 to 18 since there are also fewer bomb positions than in the arcade (40 instead of 81).

The platforms and walls are represented by lines, and the bombs are represented by circles. Oh, and the first screen contains a crossed-out bomb on the lower left since I initially had 19 bombs in there, but that didn't seem like a good number to me.

nice level designs! But the layout number 14 shouldn't appear in the game IMO ;)

Edited by Nognir

The platforms and walls are represented by lines, and the bombs are represented by circles. Oh, and the first screen contains a crossed-out bomb on the lower left since I initially had 19 bombs in there, but that didn't seem like a good number to me.

nice level designs! But the layout number 14 shouldn't appear in the game IMO ;)

Here comes the lame German insider joke: "I guess Eva Hermann would approve it"... :D

Edited by Steril707

Here comes the lame German insider joke: "I guess Eva Hermann would approve it"... :D

OK, I redesigned layout number 14 so that it's not that offending anymore, at the same time as clearing up some of the other levels. And yes, I did delete the old version of the attachment, even on my harddisk, so there should be no evidence of the original level 14 layout. :roll:

Edited by Kurt_Woloch

LOL :D

OK, I redesigned layout number 14 so that it's not that offending anymore, at the same time as clearing up some of the other levels. And yes, I did delete the old version of the attachment, even on my harddisk, so there should be no evidence of the original level 14 layout. :roll:

And misplaced zealot like political correctness screws up another game. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
post-2955-1189830270_thumb.jpg

Okay, as the game is now, I spent 15 minutes trying to reach this bomb with no luck! :x

I know this game is in the early stages, so I hope Jack's movement is still a WIP. :)

I just started working again in SKOB, so i remembered your post. Actually i tried it out now, and i wondered, why don't you just jump on the lower right platform, and jump up from there? Should be easy to reach that bomb from there...

I mean, it's not necessary to do that, since you can already use the aforementioned high jump, but well, i just wanted to state it :)...

Edited by Steril707

• 4 months later...
  • 12 years later...
On 11/3/2007 at 2:52 PM, Steril707 said:

I just started working again in SKOB, so i remembered your post. Actually i tried it out now, and i wondered, why don't you just jump on the lower right platform, and jump up from there? Should be easy to reach that bomb from there...

I mean, it's not necessary to do that, since you can already use the aforementioned high jump, but well, i just wanted to state it :)...

Did you give up? This is so cool

We'll be checking out S.K.O.B.:Some Kind of Bombjack on tomorrow's (Sun May 17) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1